"ALL CRUISES ARE SUSPENDED throughout French Polynesia”"

Mercruiser

I look at the cup half full again  ... the new protocols will make it much safer for tourist moving forward  ... I know it hard on those that the lockdown will effect but I believe in the long run this is good for tourist.

PG appears to be getting the ship ready for cruising  .... I'm staying optimistic 😉 

• 2 weeks later...

We have just called Windstar and they have indicated that they will "make a decision" on or around September 20th, and at that time if WS cancels passengers will be provided a letter indicating the terms of taking either ship credit at 125% of fees or cashing out. 

IT is distressing to see WS not being more proactive, and admit now that they will most likely be unable to operate in Tahiti. I see Paul Gauguin has at least posted a notice to their passengers online, while WS has not. The Moorings which is for private charters is the most upfront with the news at www.moorings.com where they state the current lock down is likely to continue by is in place to the 20th Sept. 

IF you cancel now before getting an official offer from WS you will only receive cash back for the excursions, any additional on board packages (like wine, laundry, etc) and your taxes on the fare, plus credit for a future cruise. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just FYI:

UPDATE AS OF 1st OCTOBER 2021
THE WEEKEND LOCKDOWN IS COMPLETELY LIFTED! 
In a joint communiqué, the High Commissioner and the President of French Polynesia have announced on Thursday, September 30, 2021 their decision to end the weekend lockdown in the Society Islands!
 The sanitary situation continues to improve, case numbers are reduced in our hospitals and many Polynesians are now vaccinated. 

LOCKDOWN LIFTED: 
• In the Society archipelago (Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, Raiatea, Taha'a, Huahine and Maupiti) the weekend lockdown is NOW completely lifted starting Saturday 9 October. (Please note that it is still in place this weekend from Saturday 2 October at 2pm until Monday 4 October at 4am.)
• The lifting of the lockdown is from Saturday 9 October through to Sunday 17 October 2021 included. This means that if the situation worsens again, restrictions may be imposed again after 17 October 2021.