Saint Greg's Mardi Gras - LIVE - August 28th-September 4th 2021

Saint Greg

4 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

I think they are both somewhat solitary creatures in their solo travel ways. Being socially awkward myself with a fairly pathological fear of strangers (and friends) I get the feeling that sometimes it's best to just let the mystery be. 

Or at least to keep your real life separated from your (very active) social media virtual life. 

^

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

This trio will be in the celestial strings show which by the way they’ll be doing here not in the theater like the others. I think because they can move the tables. It’s one that requires the removable chairs from vista class theaters. I saw them practicing the show earlier.

0AD6DB7C-EFC6-4258-A82F-89BE4B706E18.jpeg

It's an Amazing Show. I hope they present it on the Sept 18th cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HxFx said:

I had my appointment this morning and fortunately they had the rapid test (and it was negative). I have no doubt they would have run out of the test if I hadn't ordered the Abbott tests as a backup! Driving over to Reagan Airport was my backup to the backup (at $200 a pop, ouch).

Same here. I live in Center City Philly but there were no CVS locations in the city that did the Rapid test so we had to drive over to South New Jersey to a CVS there. It was so easy though, in and out and after we went to shop at Sam's Club and received a phone call 30 mins. later confirming our NEGATIVE results! Home now and printed out the test results. Glad it's all over now, let the Mardi Gras fun begin!

• Like 7

I just walked past gust services and this woman was irate. And she had like I assume her kids. About 6 of them sitting on the floor by the counter. I heard the guy in the white uniform say “ma’am everyone gets this paper at embarkation.” She said “well I want your supervisor and your supervisors supervisor down here right now!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Love the pictures! Thank you for sharing your vaca with us!

Also LOVE seeing all the different bloody mary's!

One of my favs too!

Anyone else miss the old Alchemy drink - Caribbean Manhattan?

It disappears several years ago when Makers left the ship.

If I recall correctly, Makers was on tap in Alchemy. Must have been on Pride

if I am counting back right...LOL!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mac21902 said:

My in-laws are on Magic and sent me pics from their balcony of Mardi Gras. I was told they aren't letting anyone off the Carnival Magic ship at Amber Cove. They were denied debarkation. 

If it's Covid related, I'd hate to work in guest services having customers yelling that they did their job & why isn't Carnival doing theirs.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, mac21902 said:

My in-laws are on Magic and sent me pics from their balcony of Mardi Gras. I was told they aren't letting anyone off the Carnival Magic ship at Amber Cove. They were denied debarkation. 

Anyone? Or just unvaxed?  Strange!  Maybe they thought the MG was letting off too many and AC was getting "crowded".

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

This is a polish sausage on a pretzel bun

BEDFE4D1-B89B-4358-827C-FCD3D05CF4F0.jpeg

Looks awesome!  Want to do this ship but have been on Vista and Horizon when full capacity and it was a nightmare.  Only thing that saved me was booking in Havanna and eating breakfast and lunch near there,