Telehealth Testing with BinaxNOW

12 minutes ago, Anton said:

According to one cruise news website they do have an effective date of September 13 for the new testing requirements.

Inquiring minds want to know. Would you give us a hint for the cruise news website where you gleaned your info?

13 minutes ago, CruisesOnMyMind said:

I'm still checking here. I think my phone might not be supported.

rather odd. I just downloaded  on 4 Pixel android devices for wife and my parents. We are all in USA.

recommend you reboot your phone and make sure you are downloading the correct NAVICA app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.abbott.ardx.navica.consumer.prod&hl=en_US&gl=US

Edited by alexgtp

3 hours ago, alexgtp said:

rather odd. I just downloaded  on 4 Pixel android devices for wife and my parents. We are all in USA.

recommend you reboot your phone and make sure you are downloading the correct NAVICA app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.abbott.ardx.navica.consumer.prod&hl=en_US&gl=US

Thank you. Turns out my Google Store thought I was in Canada 

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Anton said:

Important to note that the CDC guidelines are non-binding for cruises departing out of Florida, due to Florida winning their lawsuit against the CDC. This is noted in the article:

As earlier reported, cruise lines with ships operating from Florida are continuing to voluntarily comply with the CSO, which remains a requirement in other states.

I can't see Royal changing to two days prior to barding, it is hard enough to get tested and have results back within three days. 

Edited by sandebeach

I think I got this. Please confirm. 

1. 4 adults traveling

2. Purchase 6 pack from emed. 
3. 4 adults each download and set up Navica App on own phone. 
4. Each person contacts the health proctor separately with a sealed test. 
5. Results sent to the individual. 

That leaves 2 spares if there are issues. 

Done. 

Is that correct?

Just now, FPP777 said:

1. 4 adults traveling

Done. 

Is that correct?

Only up to three can be tested from six packs on emed. Not sure about other providers

On 8/27/2021 at 6:12 PM, hardinggrad said:

The FAQ for emed details the time stamp on the test. CC1FD928-A876-4EBA-82A5-73B107DA2385.thumb.png.ef6e106c588bd6257d2e01a3672ee504.png

So if I understand correctly, if I have a Sunday sailing and live in east coast, I can actually rest on Wed 8pm And will get a Thursday stamp to satisfied the “3 days” requirement ?

10 minutes ago, cnssu123 said:

So if I understand correctly, if I have a Sunday sailing and live in east coast, I can actually rest on Wed 8pm And will get a Thursday stamp to satisfied the “3 days” requirement ?

Why would you push it to the hour?

Results are in 15 minutes... If you sail Sunday just test Thur

26 minutes ago, FPP777 said:

1. 4 adults traveling

Done. 

Is that correct?

Like mentioned above...you can only give 3 names for the 6 tests. If you have 4 people you will need to purchase a second set. The names you give are on the order and in the system.

25 minutes ago, cnssu123 said:

According to the new CDC recommendations the 3 day requirement may soon change to a 2 day window……

20 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Why would you push it to the hour?

Results are in 15 minutes... If you sail Sunday just test Thur

I am asking a theoretical question. Not trying to push it. Just being curious.

Edited by cnssu123

1 minute ago, GTO-Girl said:

According to the new CDC recommendations the 3 day requirement may soon change to a 2 day window……

Fortunately I am sailing on 9/5, so should still be 3 days.

This question is more for my curiosity

42 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Like mentioned above...you can only give 3 names for the 6 tests. If you have 4 people you will need to purchase a second set. The names you give are on the order and in the system.

Thanks. We are just going to use these as a back up in case we run into problems. They won’t be first choice. I emailed emed. As long as any individual has an Navica app, they can use any one of the tests in the box. 

1 hour ago, cnssu123 said:

Not if it was still Wednesday in the time zone the ship departs from and the check-in agent is astute enough to realize that.  But the latter is stretch.

Edited by DallasGuy75219

32 minutes ago, cnssu123 said:

I am asking a theoretical question. Not trying to push it. Just being curious.

I was discussing the same question with my husband. He thinks that they should interpret the time stamp based on ship time. I really don’t know, but we are going to test on Thursday early (and we are CST) so either way it wouldn’t matter. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, hardinggrad said:

I was discussing the same question with my husband. He thinks that they should interpret the time stamp based on ship time. I really don’t know, but we are going to test on Thursday early (and we are CST) so either way it wouldn’t matter. 

The hours and time zones do not matter.  They go by calendar days.  If your cruise leaves on Saturday, then get your test any time on Wednesday.

Here's an excellent video that explains everything...

Edited by Lou33
  • Like 1

ok rather strange occurrence.

I purchased the eMED package of 6 with FedEX shipping.

I hit submit to purchase and it said this package requires a prescription and something about 24 hours yadda yadda etc etc.

Well today I checked my email for tracking info and saw none, So I logged into eMED store and saw I had no pending orders and my CC had never been charged.

So does this mean I was not eligible to purchase this since it is by prescription only and was denied?

I will probably try again later this week so I am home to get package.

2 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

To those of you that have received the kits, can you tell me what the manufacturing date was? I'm trying to time it so that I have tests for this year and next. 

Thanks

I would like to know this as well.  We have cruises booked for Nov, Jan and March.  Would love to be able to use a 6 pack kit for all three….