ANTHEM UK - we were refused boarding as no PCR test provided.

20 minutes ago, pdawson30 said:

The US side can't send the UK emails

Can you please clarify what that means

- they cannot send any emails because they are UK guests

- they cannot send to UK email addresses

- they cannot send UK information to the guests (can only send US info)

if they can get the US info then show it as proof to the UK RCL reps so they can get the relevant info?

8 minutes ago, toras said:

Can you please clarify what that means

- they cannot send any emails because they are UK guests

- they cannot send to UK email addresses

- they cannot send UK information to the guests (can only send US info)

if they can get the US info then show it as proof to the UK RCL reps so they can get the relevant info?

On these cruises UK guests get sent a link to book the PCR test, I'm guessing the US office can't send this as it's not needed for US guests and the UK guests are on the same booking. The 2 offices have never been able to deal with each other, they once insisted to us onboard a ship that the UK office was a travel agent and they couldn't speak to them!

1 hour ago, pdawson30 said:

We are sailing on the 19th and we are in real trouble.

We have 2 British guests and 2 US guests.

We can't get RC to send the emails to get the PCR test for the UK guests.

We still don't know the exact tests the US guests are supposed to take or when.

The RC website has multiple answers and the reps we spoke to all gave different answers.

Some even told us that what is written on the website is incorrect.

Of course we can't get hold of anyone who knows.

FWIW everyone in the group is fully vaccinated so this isn't the problem.

The US side can't send the UK emails and when you call the UK side they say they can't see any bookings made in US dollars. What a total disaster. And yes we are Diamond, not some rookies.

Any suggestions, I just don't know what to do? I spent a total of 7 hours on the phone to get nowhere.

I'm an American citizen, German resident onboard now.  I spent hours on the phone with RCI sorting this out as this is the first sailing non UK are allowed on and RCI was confused 🤣

If nothing has changed:

Everyone should get an email with a link to the Eurofins portal.  That link will have your reference ID number built in.  This is one per person.  If you don't have those emails yet, call and ask for the reference ID number.

Everyone needs to register at that link by entering name, address, etc.  

This will generate an email from Trust One with a QR code.  Americans and Brits under 18 need this code at the port.  That code IS your registration for at the port testing.  You don't actually set up a time, etc.  Have a screenshot or printout of this code available when you first arrive at the cruise terminal.  I also suggest downloading the Trust One App because your test results will come in there faster than email.

UK residents (of all ages) can continue after the qr code part to booking a test and book their required pre cruise  PCR tests via Eurofins at no charge.  Non UK can just ignore that part.

US, assuming you're flying in, you also need a test within three days before flying and before flying must have prebooked and paid for the "day 2 test" in the UK.  This is for the UK government and you need the number from booking that test to fill in your passenger locator form 48 hours before you fly.  We used express test at Heathrow for the day 2 test and were through the whole process in less than 5 minutes.

Edited by xxHadleyxx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, thanks for the detailed reply. we still need the emails for the two UK guests. 

Still unsure about the series of tests we need to get on board.

We leave the US next Friday (17th) arrive on the 18th after flying overnight.

Board the ship on Sunday (19th)

Says we can fly into the UK with an Antigen test but we are unsure if we have to then take a PCR test and then another antigen at the dock? So do we need 3 test in 3 days?

6 minutes ago, pdawson30 said:

Ok, thanks for the detailed reply. we still need the emails for the two UK guests. 

You don't, all they need to board is a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours. They can book those independently.

12 minutes ago, pdawson30 said:

Still unsure about the series of tests we need to get on board.

We leave the US next Friday (17th) arrive on the 18th after flying overnight.

Board the ship on Sunday (19th)

Says we can fly into the UK with an Antigen test but we are unsure if we have to then take a PCR test and then another antigen at the dock? So do we need 3 test in 3 days?

Yes. You need three tests.  We ended up with antigen tests at home Friday, the pcr test when we landed Saturday and the antigen test at port Sunday.   The preflight test and antigen test are solely to satisfy the UK government requirements.  Then the antigen test at the port is for RCI.

3 minutes ago, kernow said:

You don't, all they need to board is a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours. They can book those independently.

This is true.  The UK adults don't have to use Eurofins or generate the QR code.  They can just book their own PCR tests.  I believe they can even get an OBC of up to 100 USD each to reimburse the cost of their tests if not via Eurofins

2 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

This is true.  The UK adults don't have to use Eurofins or generate the QR code.  They can just book their own PCR tests.  I believe they can even get an OBC of up to 100 USD each to reimburse the cost of their tests if not via Eurofins

I believe the OBC is $140 (equivalent to £100). We are going in 3 weeks time and may get our own.

Ok, thank you all for the great replies.

Maybe you should work for RC and train their employees who are clueless.

So what if We take a PCR on Friday in the US as we found a place in St Louis that will give us the results within 4 hours.

Does this qualify for the landing test as it's with 24 hours of landing?

1 hour ago, xxHadleyxx said:

I'm an American citizen, German resident onboard now.  I spent hours on the phone with RCI sorting this out as this is the first sailing non UK are allowed on and RCI was confused 🤣

If nothing has changed:

Everyone should get an email with a link to the Eurofins portal.  That link will have your reference ID number built in.  This is one per person.  If you don't have those emails yet, call and ask for the reference ID number.

Everyone needs to register at that link by entering name, address, etc.  

This will generate an email from Trust One with a QR code.  Americans and Brits under 18 need this code at the port.  That code IS your registration for at the port testing.  You don't actually set up a time, etc.  Have a screenshot or printout of this code available when you first arrive at the cruise terminal.  I also suggest downloading the Trust One App because your test results will come in there faster than email.

UK residents (of all ages) can continue after the qr code part to booking a test and book their required pre cruise  PCR tests via Eurofins at no charge.  Non UK can just ignore that part.

US, assuming you're flying in, you also need a test within three days before flying and before flying must have prebooked and paid for the "day 2 test" in the UK.  This is for the UK government and you need the number from booking that test to fill in your passenger locator form 48 hours before you fly.  We used express test at Heathrow for the day 2 test and were through the whole process in less than 5 minutes.

Hi, can you tell what company you used at Heathrow to get the day two PCR test?

The ones I looked at took 24 hours or more?

Edited by pdawson30

13 minutes ago, pdawson30 said:

Hi, can you tell what company you used at Heathrow to get the day two PCR test?

The ones I looked at took 24 hours or more?

I used express test.  You do not need the results in order to board the ship.  We got our results, by email, around 7 pm the day we boarded.  That test us solely for the UK government requirements, not RCI.

47 minutes ago, pdawson30 said:

Ok, thank you all for the great replies.

Maybe you should work for RC and train their employees who are clueless.

So what if We take a PCR on Friday in the US as we found a place in St Louis that will give us the results within 4 hours.

Does this qualify for the landing test as it's with 24 hours of landing?

No. The UK government requires a prebooked, prepaid, test taken in the UK after you land.  You will not be able to complete your passenger locator form without thus and we had several people on our flight denied boarding because they did not have this.   The UK government website does have all of this info.. admittedly it's insanely complex.

Edited by xxHadleyxx
  • Thanks 1

When you say UK guests, you mean UK residents, not UK nationals? 

If so, they can just do their own tests. We did as Eurofins was too far. RCI were absolutely fine and happy with these. Got the automatic refund as soon as we boarded.

If they are UK nationals but not resident, they need to follow the rules as Mon UK residents. I'm UK resident but French nationality and I had to evidence my residency.

• Thanks 1

If so, they can just do their own tests. We did as Eurofins was too far. RCI were absolutely fine and happy with these. Got the automatic refund as soon as we boarded.

If they are UK nationals but not resident, they need to follow the rules as Mon UK residents. I'm UK resident but French nationality and I had to evidence my residency.

15 minutes ago, ententecordiale said:

They are both UK citizens and residents...100% British

41 minutes ago, PJL1973 said:

All these testing requirements for going abroad is the main reason why I will stick to UK staycation cruises for the time being. Still a hassle but not onerously so.  One test per cruise is enough for me.

Yeah, the UK government system is a bit much.  I'm all for being careful and safe but this doesn't seem logical from a safety standpoint...you can land and have two days to go around anywhere (and in Southampton we were pretty much the only people in masks), take the two day test and wait another 24-48 hours for results. If you were positive, you'd have been spreading Covid for four days by the time you knew anyway!

15 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

Yeah, the UK government system is a bit much.  I'm all for being careful and safe but this doesn't seem logical from a safety standpoint...you can land and have two days to go around anywhere (and in Southampton we were pretty much the only people in masks), take the two day test and wait another 24-48 hours for results. If you were positive, you'd have been spreading Covid for four days by the time you knew anyway!

Are you 100% sure the 2nd day test is PCR. I could have sworn RC posted that the Antigen test you take on the dock can be used for the 2nd day test?

9 minutes ago, pdawson30 said:

Are you 100% sure the 2nd day test is PCR. I could have sworn RC posted that the Antigen test you take on the dock can be used for the 2nd day test?

Things change constantly...don't use me as your only source of information.   

That said, I'm 100 percent positive that last week when we flew on 4 September the UK required a day two test that is a pcr test.  I paid 69 pound per person for a day two test fir a traveller from a green list country via express test at LHR.  

I also just put Southampton into the healthy sail center drop down menu on RCI 's website and it does NOT say the the at the terminal antigen test can be used as your day two test.   Four weeks ago, when it said we'd get PCR tests at the terminal it did say that could be used as the day two test.  That wording was removed within 24 hours of my first call about the wrong links...so that'd be 24 days ago now.

I'm sorry you don't like the answers I'm giving you.   I suggest you look on the UK government website yourself then.  I'm done here...back to enjoying my cruise.

• Like 1

I still cant get anywhere with RC.

Why cant they tell me the exact tests I need to take and when I need to take them traveling from the US as a fully vaccinated person?

I don't know what to do? I tried RC twitter and came up blank. They just posted from the website which is full of errors/ confusion as I already posted. I asked follow up questions but Im waiting to see if they can help.

Does anyone have the emails for Michael Bayley and Richard Fain.

I'm 100% sure I'm going to need them.

23 minutes ago, pdawson30 said:

I still cant get anywhere with RC.

Why cant they tell me the exact tests I need to take and when I need to take them traveling from the US as a fully vaccinated person?

I don't know what to do? I tried RC twitter and came up blank. They just posted from the website which is full of errors/ confusion as I already posted. I asked follow up questions but Im waiting to see if they can help.

Does anyone have the emails for Michael Bayley and Richard Fain.

I'm 100% sure I'm going to need them.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect the cruise line to know what you are required to have to enter the country you're sailing from.  Every country has different rules, and those vary depending on where you're coming in from.  I feel like that's on the traveller.

I agree, the tests RCI requires of passengers (not what you need to enter the UK, but just for the ship), needs to be clear and it's rather confusing the way you register for that antigen test at the port (the process I explained above), but it's doable.  90 non UK guests on the current sailing all figured it out and fir oye sailing they actually didn't have it correct online at first and literally took until 4 days before sailing to change things to being an antigen test at port and figure out the qr code was the registration. 

• Like 2