Genoa - Gatwick BA flights cancelled

SeaSwirl66

Hi all, it looks like BA has cancelled all flights to and from Genoa for the next year  (related to them pulling out of Gatwick for shorthaul flights).

Our med cruise on Seashore finishes up in Genoa in October, is it possible to make it from Genoa cruise port to Milan Linate by train for a 2pm flight departure same day?

42 minutes ago, stuart2468 said:

Wow, that may be pushing it a little i would say.

you would have to be off the ship in time to board the 09:18 train, getting you to milan for 10:55. Then its a bus to linate. 

What time are you due to dock?

It's the Seashore arrival at 8am on 31st October, will being in YC allow us to get off first/early and grab a taxi to the train station? First time in YC and first time in Genoa!

Genova Piazza Principe is the station you want and is actually about a 5 minute walk from the cruise port. That said, dependant on your luggage, you may prefer to get a taxi. But it is very close by.

There is an option to walk off the ship, with your own bagage, which i believe you have to notify the Ship a day or so before disembarking. But i've never done this so i dont fully know the protocol. That said, that will certainly be your quickest route off the ship. 

In theory, if all goes to plan, you could make the 09:18 train, but its not really allowing for any problems with docking or any delays elsewhere. Then there's covid era disembarking in the Med. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, stuart2468 said:

There is an option to walk off the ship, with your own bagage, which i believe you have to notify the Ship a day or so before disembarking. But i've never done this so i dont fully know the protocol. That said, that will certainly be your quickest route off the ship. 

Indeed - when I've done this I've never notified them, just kept my bags in the room and then departed on foot with them whenever I'd like (normally timing it 10 mins before an official group disembarkation time as its often no queue at that time!)

1 hour ago, stuart2468 said:

Genova Piazza Principe is the station you want and is actually about a 5 minute walk from the cruise port. That said, dependant on your luggage, you may prefer to get a taxi. But it is very close by.

In theory, if all goes to plan, you could make the 09:18 train, but its not really allowing for any problems with docking or any delays elsewhere. Then there's covid era disembarking in the Med. 

Cheers Stuart, thanks for the info!

I'll look in to Nice as an alternative to Milan per SoloAdventurers tip!

1 hour ago, SeaSwirl66 said:

Cheers Stuart, thanks for the info!

I'll look in to Nice as an alternative to Milan per SoloAdventurers tip!

Also Pisa Could be another option. The train runs from the same station to pisa at 09:47, arriving in pisa at 12:23. The good thing about this is that there is an airport shuttle train direct from pisa train station to the airport. And its really quick. If you could get a flight between 3 & 4, this may be a better option than Nice.