check-in times

kfrey68

1 hour ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

Has anyone had any experience with persons on the same reservation being given two different check in times? I am scheduled to check in at 1:00pm but something went wonky on hubby's check in and he's scheduled for 2:30pm. Will they let both of us board at 1:00pm? Or will we (or he) have to wait until the later time?

We have the same situation where my check-in time is earlier than my DW.  I told her I would save her a seat at the Sunset Bar.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

Has anyone had any experience with persons on the same reservation being given two different check in times? I am scheduled to check in at 1:00pm but something went wonky on hubby's check in and he's scheduled for 2:30pm. Will they let both of us board at 1:00pm? Or will we (or he) have to wait until the later time?

That's an interesting question. For those who have sailed under the current assigned time format, did they verify the check in time for each family member sharing a cabin?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

We have the same situation where my check-in time is earlier than my DW.  I told her I would save her a seat at the Sunset Bar.

Not possible - you both have to check-in together - which of the times that would have to be is debatable. In the UK they check both passes while you are outside the terminal and as they won't let you in early I guess you would both have to wait. Also in the UK we choose the times from a list of options.

8 hours ago, kfrey68 said:

Want to thank everyone for their input.  I have been checking regularly and today additional times were available and I was able to change to 11:30am.

Good!

This thread helped prepare me for our September 4 check in for our December 3 cruise. We had the exact same experience. When check in opened up just after midnight on September 4, the only arrival time that could be selected was 3:00-3:30pm. Had I not seen this thread, I would have been concerned, but it was clearly just a default. So I kept checking back repeatedly over the next couple of days, and suddenly a whole slate of options from 11:30am until 2:30pm appeared, and I was able to change our arrival time from 3pm to 11:30am. 

I’m not sure, however, what all the folks who aren’t on Cruise Critic make of all this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Good!

This thread helped prepare me for our September 4 check in for our December 3 cruise. We had the exact same experience. When check in opened up just after midnight on September 4, the only arrival time that could be selected was 3:00-3:30pm. Had I not seen this thread, I would have been concerned, but it was clearly just a default. So I kept checking back repeatedly over the next couple of days, and suddenly a whole slate of options from 11:30am until 2:30pm appeared, and I was able to change our arrival time from 3pm to 11:30am. 

I’m not sure, however, what all the folks who aren’t on Cruise Critic make of all this. 

Yes the probably in excess of 95% of all cruisers who are not on CC, they’ll still be able to board at their allotted time, ship won’t sail without them, my guess is they will have a far less “fake” stress as well leading up to their vacation.  Bon voyage 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Yes the probably in excess of 95% of all cruisers who are not on CC, they’ll still be able to board at their allotted time, ship won’t sail without them, my guess is they will have a far less “fake” stress as well leading up to their vacation.  Bon voyage 

But look what they miss out on:

The amazing banter - who will forget the magic invisible dog or the chocolate group tasting over 70 pounds of chocolate in a 2 hour session on the 2019 Silhouette TA

The delights of sharing private tours.

Slots Pulls, Cabin Crawls, Book Groups, group dinners, Poker Runs, private talks.

The list goes on and on. Geoff

• Like 2