Panorama Lido buffet horrible as expected

tallnthensome

4 hours ago, cyclist_guy1 said:

if i can remember correctly carnival used to duplicate what was in the mdr with what is on the buffet for dinner...for the most part, or at least for the entrees. is that still the case?

if that is the case i assume if you dont like any of the selections on the dinner buffet then you might as well stay out of the mdr too.

My last few cruises (pre-pandemic), only had a few MDR selections during the week.  Prime rib appeared one night.  An occasional soup or pasta dish was offered.  I do miss the old buffets with more quality and selection.  Have to say that prime rib night was great with baked potato and all of the fixings!  We usually walk through to see what the offerings are when they open up and decide what we want to do.  Looking forward to cruising on Mardi Gras.  So many options.

• Like 1

Years ago, the buffets were very nice. They made great salads using the previous night's meats and seafoods. I always enjoyed these substantial salads. I have to admit on our last few cruises-post covid in 2019, it seemed that it was more lettuce and various chopped veggies and cheeses. Nothing hearty or unique as before. We will be cruising the end of October and will see what they offer now. At any rate, the main dining room and other stations are always good.

• Like 1

Just got off Panorama 4 days ago, and agree I was disappointed in the buffet.  I usually like Carnival food, but this was an exception.  I'm hoping it's due to COVID supply and the minimal number of passengers.

Omelets were good at breakfast.  Salad bar was good.  Gelato at lunch time was good.  Guys is always good!  Dinner was pretty dismal for me in the buffet.  Way too few selections.  Even snack foods were very very limited.  It even seemed the hours were pretty limited for food too.