Santa Barbara Announces Cruise Ship Ban Until March 2022

zelker

18 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Small world, AncientMariner.  The "rustic" charms of a day tripper shore excursion from Port Hueneme to Santa Paula area Valley are building. I wonder what it would take for HAL to look into this as a substitute port stop to replace Santa Barbara.

https://www.discoversantapaula.com/sites/santaclara_schoolhouse.htm

Well, now I'm picturing in my mind a nice shore excursion luncheon at the Glen Tavern. 😊

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

Well, now I'm picturing in my mind a nice shore excursion luncheon at the Glen Tavern. 😊

See you at Enzo's. http://www.enzositalian.com If I am not enjoying dining at Hozy's instead - a local find in the most unlikely setting, or doing a Mexican food crawl across town including the food trucks.  

A good reminder while Europe can remain off limits, what romantic mini-destinations we have that are still close by that still capture that European feeling.  Even Santa Paula? Who knew. 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 2:37 PM, librarysmile said:

I was really looking forward to this stop on the November 7 Koningsdam cruise. We already lost Monterey and were slotted to spend the night in San Francisco. Hope we hear something official from HAL soon.

I was looking forward to it as well on the same cruise.  Both Monterey and Santa Barbara were high on my list - especially Monterey, as I haven't been in that area for a long time.  And Santa Barbara is such a lovely area.  I live in the Hi Desert of SoCal and have been missing water and beaches.  I am joining my sister from MI for a fun time together - so we will make the best of whatever comes.  I'm curious about the "librarysmile" name.  Care to elaborate?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 2:50 PM, ASB&Cruiseluvr said:

I was looking forward to it as well on the same cruise.  Both Monterey and Santa Barbara were high on my list - especially Monterey, as I haven't been in that area for a long time.  And Santa Barbara is such a lovely area.  I live in the Hi Desert of SoCal and have been missing water and beaches.  I am joining my sister from MI for a fun time together - so we will make the best of whatever comes.  I'm curious about the "librarysmile" name.  Care to elaborate?

When I signed up for Cruise Critic my first choices for a screen name were already taken. I'm a college librarian and I think being friendly and approachable is one of the most important traits a college librarian can have hence the "librarysmile". Thanks for asking!

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 6:29 PM, librarysmile said:

When I signed up for Cruise Critic my first choices for a screen name were already taken. I'm a college librarian and I think being friendly and approachable is one of the most important traits a college librarian can have hence the "librarysmile". Thanks for asking!

I am a part time Assistant Librarian at our local branch of the county library system - so I noticed your screen name right away.  I agree that one of the most important traits for any librarian is to be friendly & approachable!  My sister who is now retired has her Masters in Library Science and was a reference librarian for many years in Williamsburg, VA.