Casablanca Morocco Dropped - Splendida

soloadventurer

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

This thread contains many references to changes that MSC has made to different cruises without providing any kind of notification to the passengers on the affected sailings. 

How then are those affected being made aware of these changes? Perhaps by routinely checking the "Manage My Booking" tab on the MSC website?

They usually do notify you. Just a couple of weeks later than the press release they issue, and about a week before they tell their own customer services personnel. 

I received email notification of the change to Casablanca today, which at only 6 days after the change is not bad for MSC.

Other lines are equally bad - NCL insisted we'd call at Stockholm right up until the day before arrival, despite my shore excursion provider knowing of and informing me of the change 3 weeks before departure.

Update from MSC 

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing MSC Cruises and the beautiful MSC Splendida for your upcoming cruise sailing 10/5/2021

MSC Cruises would like to inform you that in view of the current travel restrictions related to the health situation and considering the quarantine requirements of some countries, your itinerary scheduled for the above-mentioned cruise has been modified with a port change. Casablanca/Marrakech, Morocco will be replaced by Arrecife de Lanzarote/Canary Island, Spain.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bgwest said:

This thread contains many references to changes that MSC has made to different cruises without providing any kind of notification to the passengers on the affected sailings. 

Our 12 night on Splendida in October 2022 is now a 7 night on a different ship, different date and different itinerary. We have received NO notification from MSC as to what is going on. I see other similar  itineraries to our original  out of Barcelona that are 11 night cruises not sure why we were not put on a 7 night at same price we paid for 12 and not one of the other ones. We booked awhile ago prices have gone up and cabin choices are slimmer. I contacted MSC by email to see what is going on have received no response. I’ll wait and see what the final word is but if it remains the 7 day I will cancel.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bgwest said:

How then are those affected being made aware of these changes? Perhaps by routinely checking the "Manage My Booking" tab on the MSC website?

This seems to be the best way to check your bookings for changes.

Of course, the obvious, is to check here on Cruise Critic for updates. Members here are the best.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 12:52 PM, phissy said:

Same with us.

Not sure what they are actually doing.  We have booked Executive YC Suite for 12 nights - Oct 2022.  Now shows Seaview 7 night with “old” itinerary which we have already done.

Not touching this one yet. Waiting to see if they come up with another extended (10-14 day) cruise.
What they have now (excluding RS) in yacht club is thousands less.

I called MSC finally and was told the original cruise is cancelled and we were moved to Seaview that I should have gotten an email. Which I did not receive. I could either cancel or move to another cruise paying whatever the going rate is currently. I’m not sure why I was moved to a 7 day cruise and not a similar cruise of 11 days. The 11 day cruise are now more expensive then what we booked for last February. I was pretty much told oh well, too bad cancel or rebook if you don’t like it.  So I cancelled and rebooked an 8 day Mediterranean cruise on Royal Carribean. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We have actually received a notification mail from Msc that our 10 day october 2022 cruise is changed to a 7 day.

As this change does not really impresses us we are going for the future voucher and trying Celebrity Retreat in that time frame

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 10:40 PM, kidless said:

Our 12 night Splendida in Oct 2022 was also changed to a 7 night on Seaview guarantee cabin. Doesn't go to Casablanca or Rome. Most annoying if I were to book 7 night cruise in same cabin that I had on Splendida it's $700 cheaper!  Not happy just loved the original itinerary. Ugh

Were you notified that your cruise was changed? Curious because after not being able to log in to our booking, we called and they said that booking does not exist  . . . "but there are notes in the file from the reservationist that she booked it" ---- "there has been a glitch in the system and our 'systems' people are working to fix it -- you will receive and email when it is fixed and rebooked"  That was a month ago.

59 minutes ago, rose102798 said:

Were you notified that your cruise was changed? Curious because after not being able to log in to our booking, we called and they said that booking does not exist  . . . "but there are notes in the file from the reservationist that she booked it" ---- "there has been a glitch in the system and our 'systems' people are working to fix it -- you will receive and email when it is fixed and rebooked"  That was a month ago.

Not sure any of us ( in US) received any kind  of notification from MSC.

We just noticed Cruise changed in our  bookings.  
I won’t call MSC , they will be no help at this time.

We only have deposit in this cruise so early next year I will transfer that deposit to another cruise.

Right now, getting ready to go on 15 day MSC Meraviglia cruise in 2 weeks.😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rose102798 said:

I was never notified by MSC. They moved us from the 12 day cruise to a 7 day on Seaside Without any notification or price reduction. Different date and ports. I only discovered because of things I read on cruise critic. When I called they pretty much said “oh well” so we cancelled and rebooked with Royal Carribean 

• Like 2