Gratuities removed with ship change

mttwinmom

Our cruise had a ship change in July, just found out the prepaid gratuities were removed from the final payment. Not a big deal, just thought people may want to check their invoices to avoid a surprise once on the ship. And here I thought I had an almost $300.00 savings with the ship change.😂

Called them up.  VPP, Gratuities, Taxes, Port Fees are all "refunded" and "reapplied" when the ship changes.  Most of these don't change between ships.  The Cruise portion of the bill was adjusted to match; before (Brilliance, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, studio interior), new (Serenade, Cozumel, Mahahual, balcony).  The port fees changed, and I was charged a bit extra.  VPP, Gratuities stayed the same.

All it took was a bit of patience.  

I did call, the response I got was when my ship was changed the gratuities dropped off. I wasn't charged for them, keep in mind. My last payment reflected the $280.00 drop in price (Gratuities for 4) but I didn't figure this out until a week ago. I was told this routinely happens when ships are changed, prior to full payments made. I was just giving people a heads up that if they recently had a ship change to look over their invoice, they may be surprised. Not a big deal, but could be for someone already thinking they prepaid gratuities.