Adding Passenger to Solo Cruise?

leerathje

Has anyone had success in adding a passenger to a solo? We are looking at Feb 23 Southern Caribbean Wayfarer on the Nieuw Statendam.  We would be travelling with my father, who would be travelling alone.  However, my nephew may be able to join him, so we would need to add to the room, however won't know until mid November (before final payment).

Has anyone added a passenger to a solo cruise?  How does that work?

L.

I originally booked my Alaska trip as a solo and later I finally convinced m mom to go about 3 weeks before departure and well after final payment. Absolutely no issues. I had already paid the single supplement so it was just the additional taxes and port fees (and if you had HIA then you would need to pay that also on the second guest). 

• Like 1

I did that with no problem for a cruise early in 2020 prior to the Covid shut down. My cruise booking was being handled by my TA so she took care of the entire transaction.  This addition to my booking was made prior to Final Payment.

I have added someone to a cruise after the final payment.   As zgscl said, you just have to pay the additional taxes and port fees.

Also, on a mediterrean cruise, someone I knew decided to come with their mother in their own cabin about a month prior to sailing.   Once they booked, they gave me the booking number and I then called HAL and got their booking linked to my booking.   Because I was in the PS suite and they were linked to my booking, they got to pass all the line ups as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evilmuffin said:

Because I was in the PS suite and they were linked to my booking, they got to pass all the line ups as well. 

Am I understanding this correctly?  They were able to join you in suite embarkation and tender priority?   Thanks.   

45 minutes ago, kazu said:

Am I understanding this correctly?  They were able to join you in suite embarkation and tender priority?   Thanks.   

@kazu a couple of years ago about 10 of us were together as a group. One couple had the PS, one couple was 3* and the rest were 4*. We all happened to arrive at the terminal at the same time. The PS couple checked in first and was seated. When I turned the corner to be seated, the HAL rep was trying to direct me to one place when I the PS gentleman called me over to his area (along with our others) with the approval of the HAL rep who was with him. We all boarded together as the first group.

We didn't try anything with tender priority (really didn't need to)

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, richwmn said:

@kazu a couple of years ago about 10 of us were together as a group. One couple had the PS, one couple was 3* and the rest were 4*. We all happened to arrive at the terminal at the same time. The PS couple checked in first and was seated. When I turned the corner to be seated, the HAL rep was trying to direct me to one place when I the PS gentleman called me over to his area (along with our others) with the approval of the HAL rep who was with him. We all boarded together as the first group.

We didn't try anything with tender priority (really didn't need to)

Thanks.  Much appreciated.   I completely forgot about the PS having their own HAL rep/concierge with them which makes it much easier for sure 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Yes.   When we arrived, the first HAL person asked to see our boarding passes.  As soon as they saw we were in the PS, they told us to wait.  He called someone and then the I think, Cruise Director came down and she asked us how many in our party.   I told them that it was us and some friends in another cabin and she said no problem.   We then just went straight through past all the lines.  I never thought to use it for tender priority.   There was only one stop, (Santorini) that required a tender and we weren’t in a big hurry.   They weren’t allowed to use the Neptune Lounge though.   But we didn’t use it much either.   We also had them up for breakfast in the suite.   We could order as many breakfasts as we wanted.  The staff came in and set as many place settings as we wanted.   Linen, china, etc.  Now that I think of it, I can’t wait to be on the Eurodam in Dec.   It will be my first solo cruise.   

• Like 2