Carnival Check-In and Vista Questions

Cruise4Jesus

Just a few simple questions.

It appears that I cannot pick my arrival time until I do my on-line check-in, is that correct, or am I overlooking something?

On the Vista, how has the muster drill requirements been being accomplished, do you still have to go to crowded location at a specified time or is it a new procedure?

We haven't cruised out of Galveston in awhile, is there still alternate parking lots within walking distance to check in or is best to just use the cruise port parking lot?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Yes platinum and diamond and suites check in 16 days before and get to choose boarding time first. The rest at 14 days.

Emuster seems like spread out .. go whenever and watch on your tablet or phone. Lots seem to not get to it and many ships have been late departing .. because people think they can skip emuster. Still have to show up and get checked off.

Ezcruiseparking.com and lighthouse both have shuttle to the port.

Cruisepark is open for weekend departures, like vista. 69.50 for the week. You walk across the street yourself.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Cruise4Jesus said:

On the Vista, how has the muster drill requirements been being accomplished, do you still have to go to crowded location at a specified time or is it a new procedure?

No going to crowded location. Just show up to your muster location as soon as you can to get checked. It took us about 5 mins and there was hardly anyone else there. This is by far the best thing that came out of the new protocols!

Edited by crooooze
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise4Jesus said:

Just a few simple questions.

It appears that I cannot pick my arrival time until I do my on-line check-in, is that correct, or am I overlooking something?

We haven't cruised out of Galveston in awhile, is there still alternate parking lots within walking distance to check in or is best to just use the cruise port parking lot?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Howdy neighbor! 1.)You are correct. You can't pick your arrival time until you check in online.

2.) You go to your muster station as soon as you get on the ship. They scan in your boarding docs(or your Sail & sign card), watch a crew member demonstrate how to put on a life jacket, and then you are free to go. Easy peasy.5 minutes max, if that long.  We were the only people at our muster station, which I believe was JiJi's.

3. Yes, there are still parking lots galore at the cruise terminal. We always use the cruise port parking lot because they have shuttle buses right there that run every 5 minutes or so. It's so convenient to use them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1