Cruisenext voucher - apply towards part payment of final payment?

podgeandrodge

I have a cruisenext voucher that wasn't available to me when I had made a booking.  I tried to apply it with an NCL agent today and they said it can only be applied as a deposit, not as a part payment of final payment.

Just wondering did anyone ever manage to do this?  Or are they always strictly for deposit only?

Thanks.

I've done it many times.  I usually don't even bother to call, just go to make a partial payment online via the MyNCL website & choose "My Payments & Credits" on the dropdown for payment type.  Your CruiseNext should appear in that list if it's available to use.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

I have a cruisenext voucher that wasn't available to me when I had made a booking.  I tried to apply it with an NCL agent today and they said it can only be applied as a deposit, not as a part payment of final payment.

Just wondering did anyone ever manage to do this?  Or are they always strictly for deposit only?

Thanks.

In my experience, they don't LIKE applying these to subsequent payments but I've occasionally been successful.  

Why not ask your advisor what the prevailing cost of the cruise is?  Assuming it hasn't increased, you could presumably cancel and rebook if you're not past the final payment deadline.  You might even save a few bucks; a number of people have caught price drops recently.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  This cruise is in 12 days, so the system requires full final payment at this point, and their website does not appear to allow part cert/part card to pay for it.  So I was trying to get NCL assistants to apply the cert, then make the final payment afterwards on the website...

(@trivimp, yes, it does appear on dropdown but as said, can't be used as it is looking for 100% final payment).

Edited by podgeandrodge

5 hours ago, podgeandrodge said:

Thanks guys.  This cruise is in 12 days, so the system requires full final payment at this point, and their website does not appear to allow part cert/part card to pay for it.  So I was trying to get NCL assistants to apply the cert, then make the final payment afterwards on the website...

(@trivimp, yes, it does appear on dropdown but as said, can't be used as it is looking for 100% final payment).

There should be a link to add an additional form of payment, I know I saw it on the cruise booking I was looking at. I was looking applying a cruise next, a 10% discount voucher and credit card, so I’d have 3 forms of payment to apply. Once I’d selected the cruise next voucher, a link appeared to add another payment method, then I’d select the discount credit, link appears again and I’d pick credit card from the drop down. 

4 hours ago, eileeshb said:

There should be a link to add an additional form of payment, I know I saw it on the cruise booking I was looking at. I was looking applying a cruise next, a 10% discount voucher and credit card, so I’d have 3 forms of payment to apply. Once I’d selected the cruise next voucher, a link appeared to add another payment method, then I’d select the discount credit, link appears again and I’d pick credit card from the drop down. 

Thanks Eileeshb.  The problem was that, as in final payment, it required the full amount in one form, and wouldn't allow me do what you said.  Even when I rang, NCL couldn't do it.  

Good news though, after talking to a second agent, they made a call to another dept. and it was agreed to apply the part cruise cert towards the balance, which then reduced and I was able to pay the balance by card.

Thanks for all your opinions and assistance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...