How Do You Like Your Martinis?

JuneauWhatIMean

I don't know about you guys, but Tugger's posts really make me thirsty. :D

I hate the watered-down versions of martinis and cosmopolitans served at bars and, I assume, on cruises. My DH and I keep our Skyy in the freezer. We also keep our martini glasses in the freezer after adding a little water in the bottom. No need for shaking or stirrring which waters down the vodka. The ice in the bottom has barely melted by the time you're finished. I go for cosmos and he likes a martini with a couple of sprays of vermouth on top and an onion on a pick. Yummmmmmm:p

So what's your fav?

Any martini is good but I do love a good Cosmo...a GOOD one; the kind that has 2 parts citron, one part triplesec, one part lime juice and one part cranberry juice.

Yeah......3 shots in one FROZEN glass (NO ice shaking!!)

two of those and my lips go numb....nice :D

Hi Astrid!

We sure did enjoy martinis every evening with you and Bob and I do wish we were on your cruise. We plan on doing the Summit to Hawaii in 2008. That will be our 25th Anniversary. I'm actually thinking of trying to get 8181.

BTW we took a real liking to the Vanilla Martini....We shake a few every once in a while using Skyy Vanilla vodka.

Hi Astrid!

We sure did enjoy martinis every evening with you and Bob and I do wish we were on your cruise. We plan on doing the Summit to Hawaii in 2008. That will be our 25th Anniversary. I'm actually thinking of trying to get 8181.

BTW we took a real liking to the Vanilla Martini....We shake a few every once in a while using Skyy Vanilla vodka.

Roy, Please, may I have that recipe! I seem to have an over abundance of Skyy Vanilla and that sounds perfect!

My initial answer is on a ship in the martini bar but if Roy's recipe works then I may have to change my mind!

How do I like my martinis?:confused:

...in multiples!:D

And on that note, off for the weekend. Hope everyone behaves on the boards while I'm away.:)

Andrew

Hey, that's how I like mine too! Do you REALLY want us to behave?? Multiple martinis and behaving usually don't go together. :D

Terri

Hey, that's how I like mine too! Do you REALLY want us to behave?? Multiple martinis and behaving usually don't go together. :D

Terri

Funny, we don't need martini's to misbehave. Something about practice makes perfect!

How are you doing? Are you looking forward to that Martini bar on the Mercury? We miss you and will have to see what we can work out. March of '07 is too far away!

Archived