MERGED: 2023 Full Schedule Announcement

Reggiefan

9 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Not (yet?) for Australian customers, unfortunately.

@LittleFish1976, I'm seeing the same 30 September 2022 end date for using FCC listed on this "Covid-19 – Flexible booking terms" page found on the Cunard Australia website.

https://www.cunard.com/en-au/contact-us/travel-health-advisories/flexible-cancellation-policy

Future Cruise Credit (FCC) terms and conditions.

In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, many guests have accepted Future Cruise Credits (FCCs) in relation to cancelled voyages. FCCs must be used by 30 September 2022, and can be redeemed against any voyage that’s on sale at the time of booking.

2 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

@LittleFish1976, I'm seeing the same 30 September 2022 end date for using FCC listed on this "Covid-19 – Flexible booking terms" page found on the Cunard Australia website.

https://www.cunard.com/en-au/contact-us/travel-health-advisories/flexible-cancellation-policy

Future Cruise Credit (FCC) terms and conditions.

In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, many guests have accepted Future Cruise Credits (FCCs) in relation to cancelled voyages. FCCs must be used by 30 September 2022, and can be redeemed against any voyage that’s on sale at the time of booking.

Thank you bluemarble. I did speak to Cunard on the phone a few days ago and the consultant insisted that the FCC had to be used by 31st December. Perhaps it has something to do with my particular credit which dates back to early 2020. She also said she had the itineraries for late 2023 and could answer some questions about where they were going but couldn't tell me anything not in response to a specific question! It was a slightly bizarre conversation.

24 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Thank you bluemarble. I did speak to Cunard on the phone a few days ago and the consultant insisted that the FCC had to be used by 31st December. Perhaps it has something to do with my particular credit which dates back to early 2020. She also said she had the itineraries for late 2023 and could answer some questions about where they were going but couldn't tell me anything not in response to a specific question! It was a slightly bizarre conversation.

That conversation does sound a bit bizarre. Let's see if I can come up with some questions that are specific enough... 🤣

1) Will QE call at Melbourne on 1 December 2023?  -  NO.

2) Will QE call at Melbourne on 2 December 2023?  -  NO.

3) Will QE call at Melbourne on 3 December 2023?  -  YES!

(By the way, that's one of the dates for QE listed on Melbourne's provisional 2023-24 cruise schedule.)

Edited by bluemarble
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

That conversation does sound a bit bizarre. Let's see if I can come up with some questions that are specific enough... 🤣

1) Will QE call at Melbourne on 1 December 2023?  -  NO.

2) Will QE call at Melbourne on 2 December 2023?  -  NO.

3) Will QE call at Melbourne on 3 December 2023?  -  YES!

(By the way, that's one of the dates for QE listed on Melbourne's provisional 2023-24 cruise schedule.)

Haha! It was a bit like that - I was asking about a particular route to which she answered in the negative. As I assume I'll only be sailing in local waters for a few years yet, there didn't seem to be much point persisting too much especially since, as you well point out, the bookings are online for the Port of Melbourne up to 2024 - leaves one to exercise one's imagination as to what the routes will be. Then there's also the tantalising 'TBA' gaps on the ship's names on the Port schedule which make one ponder whether the 4th ship will be sailing and even make it down here (the latter option seems unlikely in the timeframe).

I've used up most of my credit on an Antipodean 'crossing' from Melbourne to Auckland via the very beautiful coastline of New Zealand in February, 2023. I'm using it as (luxurious) transport and I wish we had a regular Cunard service, even if only seasonal, as transport between Australia and New Zealand. But I still have a small credit to play with and there is something I'd love to do in November - December, 2022 but the timing might be awkward, personally, thus my direct question to the Cunard consultant about the particular route.