Lost Luggage

ClwtrBoi

21 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Post like this make me cringe. I always recommend the "Tile" Tracker or Apples new Airtag.

https://amzn.to/3tC9W6s

https://amzn.to/3lnT7bI

The Tile works!!! I had a bag lost in Europe and in Miami. Each time I was able to see were my bag was and both were returned. In Miami my bag fell off a conveyor belt in the terminal. I was able to show the baggage people its here in the terminal as they were telling me it never made in on the plane. They were able to "Find" my bag in 10 minutes 

Thank you for this GREAT INFORMATION!  I am ordering these. We travel to Europe every year and once you have had your bags lost, you never want it to happen again.  It will at least help!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, zerooveride said:

So in closing, if you have an iPhone, iPad or even a Mac, then the AirTags are the way to go to track your luggage.

Sold.  I'd meant to get either the Tiles or the AirTags but couldn't decide which direction to go.  

• Like 1

OK...good to know about backpacks (yes) and rollaboards (no) at the testing site.  

I normally do not check any of my bags, flight or ship, and have them with me.  My better half seems to think her entire closet MUST come with her on a cruise, however.  As such, she checks her luggage.  She's getting used to the idea of only using rollaboards and a large purse or back pack.  Not sure I can ween her off the big honking luggage just yet for this trip, though.  She always tells me she'll carry her own luggage.  But, we all know, I can't let that happen.  So, I turn into the pack mule for both of us.

AirTags saved me on a couple of occasions.  Most recently, someone "mistakenly" picked up my back pack at a Starbucks while I was up getting a refill.  AirTag told me exactly where my back pack had moved to.

So, we will have AirTags in her BIG luggage, her BIG purse, my little rollaboard and my little back pack. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gen X Life said:

Thank you for this GREAT INFORMATION!  I am ordering these. We travel to Europe every year and once you have had your bags lost, you never want it to happen again.  It will at least help!

Glad I could help!

59 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

OK...good to know about backpacks (yes) and rollaboards (no) at the testing site.  

I normally do not check any of my bags, flight or ship, and have them with me.  My better half seems to think her entire closet MUST come with her on a cruise, however.  As such, she checks her luggage.  She's getting used to the idea of only using rollaboards and a large purse or back pack.  Not sure I can ween her off the big honking luggage just yet for this trip, though.  She always tells me she'll carry her own luggage.  But, we all know, I can't let that happen.  So, I turn into the pack mule for both of us.

AirTags saved me on a couple of occasions.  Most recently, someone "mistakenly" picked up my back pack at a Starbucks while I was up getting a refill.  AirTag told me exactly where my back pack had moved to.

So, we will have AirTags in her BIG luggage, her BIG purse, my little rollaboard and my little back pack. 😉

I agree, we try to only check one piece of luggage. My wife and I both use a large rolling carry on and a back pack. I carry a laptop and usually a fair amount of camera gear...... which I never want lost. The carry on a back pack never leave my site. Some people think its crazy, but that's OK

And yes, in both of them I use Tile and Air Tags

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

I checked out the Apple AirTags and read that they’re not compatible with iPhone X or below. I guess I’ll have to wait a bit. 

Read this......  https://www.idropnews.com/news/faq-can-you-use-apples-airtags-with-older-iphones-well-yes-and-no/157751/

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 3

I’ve always had the habit of having essentials in my carry-on/backpack and having witnessed a friend suffer without her luggage for an entire week I make sure I’ve a couple of spare wardrobe items too. My friend was lucky that trip was to a roasting hot Greek island so she got by with loaner bits from myself and the only other girl in our group on that trip, her checked bag only reappeared at the airport when checking in for the return flight home.

Over the years my list of essentials has evolved, e.g. facial moisturiser cos in Thailand good luck finding one that doesn’t have a whitening agent. It was that experience that makes me dismiss the travel advice about “you can always buy it on arrival” to reduce your toiletry packing, 

• Like 1