State Board of Health Covid Form? Acceptable?

hummer2407

I have lost my CDC Covid Card.  The State of Indiana has a link where you can download your Covid Card from their website.  The form you download has all of the same information that the 4X6 Covid Card has on it.  The form is on official state letterhead.  I got my vaccinations at the hospital where i work.  They printed off a form on their Hospital letterhead with the same information.  They dont have the small cards that are accepted as "Covid Vaccination Cards."  MSC states that they want the original Vaccination card, not even a photocopy.  Has anyone had any experience like this with MSC?

So I called out local county health department.  I was told that they do no replace the actual cards because you would need the actual nurses that gave the shots and signed the original cards to sign the replacement cards.  I was told that the only thing you can do is get the records from the state health department. which is what I described earlier.  I will call MSC again and try my luck.

4 minutes ago, hummer2407 said:

So I called out local county health department.  I was told that they do no replace the actual cards because you would need the actual nurses that gave the shots and signed the original cards to sign the replacement cards.  I was told that the only thing you can do is get the records from the state health department. which is what I described earlier.  I will call MSC again and try my luck.

That’s very strange. My son lost his before his honeymoon to Jamaica in June and the RIDOH issued him a new one. 
When you say you phoned your local county health dept is that the same as your state’s dept of health?  My son went through the state of RI’s DOH not our local town health dept. 

edit to fix all of my spelling errors 🤣

Edited by styles27

8 minutes ago, hummer2407 said:

MSC just told me that anything from a state health department was sufficient for MSC as long as it has the info on the shots, location, dates, etc.

I would definitely ask them to email you that info so you can show it if they question you. 
My concern is because right on their site it says “original” cdc vaccination card must be presented. 

3E33CF0A-700A-4856-8B88-0C630A4A3650.jpeg

13 minutes ago, hummer2407 said:

MSC just told me that anything from a state health department was sufficient for MSC

You did not mention where your cruise is going or ports of call.  I agree with what styles27 said and in some countries, the only document accepted is the "original white card with CDC logo" as proof of vaccine.  So, if somehow MSC is lenient, a foreign country may not let you off the ship.

MSC Meraviglia out of Miami to Mexico and Ocean Cay.  In Indiana you get your health records from the county health department.  The county health department sends info to the state health department for COVID related info.  The county health department  in 2 different counties here in Indiana told me the same thing.  I was told to goto state health department for the new cards, which arent actually cards.  The local news stations and google searches instruct me to goto the special link that the state board of health has set up for replacement cards/proof of vaccination.  

If any of you have tried to deal with MSC customer service you now how hard it is to get anything done.  The lady I spoke with was sure my form would work.  I questioned her a couple of times about their strict no photocopy and original card only policy.  She was confident that my state form would work.  I am still hesitant and will try to get them to send me some form of written confirmation.  I am less confident I will get said written confirmation.  I was just hoping someone on here had some type of similar experience.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hummer2407 said:

MSC Meraviglia out of Miami to Mexico and Ocean Cay.

I believe that Bahamas proof of vax requirement for uploading only says "government issued vaccination record" (which your health dept letter may suffice)?  Mexico does not currently require vax proof.  So, if MSC allows to board, it seems you may be OK.

This is a difficult question. When I was handed my CDC card back in January, the guy said "Take a photo of this and present that if anyone asks for vaccination status." Then my state government sent an email saying that if I'm ever ask for vaccination status, use this link to print out a document from the state department of health.

The problem is none of the people who said that are going to be around when I need to present proof to someone at the port who has received all of 10 minutes of training, and is dealing with people from 50 states and 20 countries. The original CDC card is likely to be the only thing that is guaranteed to meet their approval. The MSC requirements are very clear on that. Anything else will be your mileage may vary.