Another Anthem mini review..from a Non Brit

xxHadleyxx

Guest BigRoger
3 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

We don't dislike the MDR.  But with variety of options on Anthem and pricing it was a great chance to get the Unlimited Dining Package...with that and not being breakfast eaters there just wasn't any reason to dine there this cruise.

I've never sailed NCL, hmmmm.  

Would definitely commend a run at NCL if you are (relatively!!!) young and party orientated… beautiful ships but the feel is a bit more ‘adult’ and edgy in style….. with really like Epic, Breakaway and Getaway partly because we love their much rowdier version of piano request show ‘howl at the moon’…. Fantastic community event after abusing the drinks package!

On 9/15/2021 at 10:33 AM, Merion_Mom said:

That's the definition of a jukebox musical.  🙂

And it's "the latest thing" and what RC has decided it will have.  (chatted with Simeon about this many years ago)  In general, they are cheaper to license and cheaper to stage, with smaller casts and familiar music.  I adored Chicago - I prefer the full version, but the abridged version on Allure was great - but many cruisers were appalled.  "too dark"  "too dirty"  "not kid-friendly" "I didn't get it".  etc. etc. etc.

That's the reason that I have been suggesting for some time now that they have You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown.  Simple, clean, familiar CHARACTERS, although not familiar music for all but Broadway fanatics.

And when Kristen Chenoweth was named godmother of Oasis, others were screaming, "Put Wicked on board" - I knew that they wouldn't.  I screamed, "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown."  She was Sally in the Broadway revival.  🙂 

ETA:  And I will never be able to understand or explain their choice of "Cats".  I love the show.  Some people do.  But cruisers, in the great majority, have voted *thumbs down* by either not attending or leaving at intermission or even earlier.

My Mother and sister loved it but its just too dam long. On the odyssey two weeks a go most shows were either 45 mins or 1 hour and that seemed about right. The people loved them.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:52 PM, xxHadleyxx said:

We don't dislike the MDR.  But with variety of options on Anthem and pricing it was a great chance to get the Unlimited Dining Package...with that and not being breakfast eaters there just wasn't any reason to dine there this cruise.

I've never sailed NCL, hmmmm.  

Agree with you, we like the MDR but the price of the UDP was very good so we have it again on our 15th Oct cruise and due to the low numbers on board feel it is more intimate. 

• Like 1

MDR, earliest time was 6:30, then 7, 7:30 up to 8:30 or 9pm I think. We always eat early on the cruise so that we can then enjoy the jacuzzy for ourselves and then the films and entertainment at 9pm. 

Gym, yes quite a variety of classes, some free and some at a fee. All could be booked on the app. I think the free ones were first come first serve basis.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ententecordiale said:

MDR, earliest time was 6:30, then 7, 7:30 up to 8:30 or 9pm I think. We always eat early on the cruise so that we can then enjoy the jacuzzy for ourselves and then the films and entertainment at 9pm.

Are those the bookable times or can you turn up anytime between those?  

thank you 

Thanks for your review.

Can I ask re the diamond vouchers for drinks - do you need to use them in the diamond lounge as well? I think it has changed since we last were onboard.

Also - dancing - was it allowed?  Just off another UK liner and that wasn't allowed!

We are going on 25th October so it will be interesting to hear about capacity as it gets closer.

Many thanks

5 hours ago, TravelMadBrits said:

Thanks for your review.

Can I ask re the diamond vouchers for drinks - do you need to use them in the diamond lounge as well? I think it has changed since we last were onboard.

Also - dancing - was it allowed?  Just off another UK liner and that wasn't allowed!

We are going on 25th October so it will be interesting to hear about capacity as it gets closer.

Many thanks

We had read you had to use teh drink voucher sin the lounge as well.  TBH we only popped in there twice for a couple of minutes and never to get a drink or during what was formerly Diamond hours.

Yes, dancing was allowed starting with the 5 September cruise, as the poster above said, they put little spot lights on the flloor and ask that you stay in your bubble.  Sorry, I thought i mentioend that initally.

Guest BigRoger
9 hours ago, TravelMadBrits said:

Thanks for your review.

Many thanks

Not all all with diamond vouchers….. every bar and dining room and any time of day…. They will default to using the vouchers for all drinks you order alcoholic and soft drinks and so if you want to pay for a drink to hold your voucher you must tell the waiter or bar staff operating the till in solarium or pool…. Otherwise your water may use up a voucher… but it’s not lounge limited… we loved the new policy

Edited by BigRoger

54 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Not all all with diamond vouchers….. every bar and dining room and any time of day…. They will default to using the vouchers for all drinks you order alcoholic and soft drinks and so if you want to pay for a drink to hold your voucher you must tell the waiter or bar staff operating the till in solarium or pool…. Otherwise your water may use up a voucher… but it’s not lounge limited… we loved the new policy

I read that as, did drinks served in the Diamond lounge use up a voucher. (As opposed to having unlimited amounts of drinks from the limited diamond lounge menu during cocktail hour times).    Oops.

Yeah, you can definitely use the vouchers anywhere on the ship for virtually any drink.  It's a fabulous improvement.

Edited by xxHadleyxx