Covid Testing

arpie05

Where are most people that are sailing from PC doing their Covid Testing? I just checked and there is not a Quest facility between MCO and PC. WHAT?! I don't understand. Not at the Walgreens or CVS in Cocoa Beach. I was just thinking it would be a hassle to self test but maybe that's our only option. I don't want to drive all over Brevard County. 

We did our PCR test at CVS in Fort Myers on Sept 1 and had results 36 hours later via email and MyChart.  It was still the 72 hour window then. We sailed Sept 4 on Mardi Gras from Port Canaveral and had no issues at check in (except lack of Diamond priority line and waiting lounge).

Perhaps you can do the test in your home town and have your results emailed?  If you have a night in Cocoa Beach, have the results printed there?

Wow, you are absolute right. I live in Los Angeles and there are a ton of Quest Diagnostic labs near me. However, the closest one for the Covid testing site according to their website is 40 miles away out in Palmdale. When I checked for Port Canaveral area, it is 20 miles away at a Walmart in Melbourne, FL. I think I will stick with CVS and book the appointment 2 weeks out instead.

On 9/13/2021 at 12:13 PM, GTO-Girl said:

We are doing the monitored home test.  

The stress of us trying to find a testing site especially over Thanksgiving was just too much for me to deal with….

We fly out first thing the morning after Thanksgiving. The kids (under 12 years old) all need PCR tests within 48 hours. I guess we will get them somewhere in Orlando. All of the rapid PCR tests are like $200 each...and we have 3 kids. 😞

10 minutes ago, amc80 said:

We fly out first thing the morning after Thanksgiving. The kids (under 12 years old) all need PCR tests within 48 hours. I guess we will get them somewhere in Orlando. All of the rapid PCR tests are like $200 each...and we have 3 kids. 😞

If you are sailing on Saturday you could get theirs done on Wednesday.  With PCR I would want to have their 3 full days to get the results…

1 minute ago, GTO-Girl said:

If you are sailing on Saturday you could get theirs done on Wednesday.  With PCR I would want to have their 3 full days to get the results…

We sail on Sunday the 28th, fly in Friday the 26th. Ideally I'd get it done on that Thursday before leaving, but that's Thanksgiving and I doubt any testing sites are open.

1 minute ago, amc80 said:

We sail on Sunday the 28th, fly in Friday the 26th. Ideally I'd get it done on that Thursday before leaving, but that's Thanksgiving and I doubt any testing sites are open.

Do you have any Urgent Care, CVS or Walgreens in your area?   

The last test we had done was at our Urgent Care and I know they are opened holidays.

Hopefully you can figure something out without have to shell out so much money.  I do wish you the best of luck!.