MSC Seashore....Yacht Club Deluxe which of these cabins would you choose?

etravel

Being located after the bump-out gives better views along the side of the ship when looking aft. With the other choices, the ship partially blocks the view looking aft. 

You didn't mention your itinerary but if you are stopping at Ocean Cay, most people prefer starboard side since the ship will likely dock with that side facing the island.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Being located after the bump-out gives better views along the side of the ship when looking aft. With the other choices, the ship partially blocks the view looking aft. 

You didn't mention your itinerary but if you are stopping at Ocean Cay, most people prefer starboard side since the ship will likely dock with that side facing the island.  

That's a good point. Do any of you have mobility issues? If so then 18004 is really close to YC common areas. Other than that I'd say go with Two Wheels advice.

1 hour ago, karmamule said:

That's a good point. Do any of you have mobility issues? If so then 18004 is really close to YC common areas. Other than that I'd say go with Two Wheels advice.

No mobility issues so 18030 does look pretty good! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, etravel said:

I believe it might be, is that part of the Yacht Club? 

It's the main area with drinks, snacks, entertainment. If you aren't on the pool deck, or eating dinner, you are here (if you are in the YC).

For me, if I've had a few drinks, much easier to stumble back to my room without navigating stairs 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

Isn't 19025 a deluxe grand instead of just deluxe and that's why it's larger...

It's the biiiig version of the grand.

To give you an idea how big.

If sofa is converted to bed, balcony door is not blocked and towards the other wall it's about 4 meter open space...

• Like 2

On 9/15/2021 at 4:06 AM, MarkusToe said:

Yep muuuch wider, because I've had the 21 and 25 booked. So I was clearly able to see the difference

Marcus so what do you think of MSC compared to Celebrity or RCCl that looks like those are your favorites? Or do you go with the best date for you, itinerary, and if it's a new ship etc? We've done several Carnival, RCCL, NCL (a few in the Haven..hoping YC would be similar), Avalon European...what's your thoughts on that? And have you done an Alaskan cruise on our bucket list for in a few years!

Thanks!

To be honest. 

You can't compare X with MSC. 

For us, non YC at MSC would be not acceptable. On X ships we go Concierge or Aqua Class without any issues. 

We'll go Alaska in May, if we are allowed to.... Hey Mr. PRESIDENT, ITS YOUR TURN NOW, Ursula allowed the Americans to come.... 

In Feb, again if...., we have Panama canal... With NCL.... 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/14/2021 at 12:22 PM, alyssamma said:

It's the main area with drinks, snacks, entertainment. If you aren't on the pool deck, or eating dinner, you are here (if you are in the YC).

For me, if I've had a few drinks, much easier to stumble back to my room without navigating stairs 🙂

Do all of the YC1 cabins on deck 16 have walk in showers? we do not want a shower tub combination. How is cabin 16016? anyone know?

8 hours ago, ranchette said:

Do all of the YC1 cabins on deck 16 have walk in showers? we do not want a shower tub combination. How is cabin 16016? anyone know?

For seashore, seaside, and Meraviglia, yes. For divina, no.

Edited by alyssamma

We stayed in 16015.  Not the original room we picked but it was a good room.  I was concerned as it is right across from a door that lead to the hallway to the Top Sail lounge.  Also just on the other side of the doors are the bathroom for both the Top Sail and the restaurant on deck 18.  They were rarely used and the door was not an issue.   The room had a walk in shower.