When and where to test?

Momma Mojito

We have a B2B cruise on the Horizon on :Oct 30-Nov 7.  We will be flying a day early arriving in Miami at 12:49.  What are your opinions on when and where we should get our Covid testing done?    For our Nov7 cruise they do the testing on the ship. Thanks in advance

If I were you, I would try to find someplace in your area to get a rapid test on Thursday before you leave, or get a home test. Since you leave on Saturday and are flying on Friday, that leaves Thursday to get tested. If you feel confident you can find a place to get a rapid test in Miami on Friday afternoon then do that. Hopefully someone here can help you out as to where they got their tests done in Miami. Good luck! To me, this has become the most stressful part of cruising these days!

Edited by Bostwick girl
Additional info.
  • Like 2

I would get it done in your area before flying down. Once you are in Miami and need testing, you are stuck with whatever is available, cost, distance away, etc. You are also stuck with a possibility of not having a rapid test which means results could be after embarkation. I am not risking my vacation on an unknown like that. Plus, imagine flying down and testing positive. You are quarantined and cannot fly for at least 10-days and your travelling companions if negative are 14-days.

• Like 2

I have to agree with my fellow cruisers. A rapid test done at home would be ideal. I have one currently scheduled at CVS 2 days prior to cruising. The best tip I can give you, is no matter what you chose, make sure you schedule something. It is super easy and it should ensure that you are able to get the test. Most places accept reservations for the test 2 weeks before the test is done. All of the appointments are made online. Good Luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma Mojito said:

We have a B2B cruise on the Horizon on :Oct 30-Nov 7.  We will be flying a day early arriving in Miami at 12:49.  What are your opinions on when and where we should get our Covid testing done?    For our Nov7 cruise they do the testing on the ship. Thanks in advance

I agree with the others that getting tested before you leave home is the best route. Fortunately, our small town (less than 10,000) has several clinics that offer testing, but apparently not everyone is that fortunate.  If getting tested beforehand is simply not an option, then the MIA airport offers testing and you can make appointments.  You can go to the following link for more information, but again I wouldn't want to chance flying while already being positive.  I would want to know before I left.

https://news.miami-airport.com/covid-19-testing-available-daily-at-mia-starting-may-21/

Here's OUR threshold.  We'll have the rapid antigen test scheduled 2 days before each of our cruises and one day before we fly.  We won't push that envelope one inch further than that.  If we can't get that done for whatever reason, we simply don't cruise and reschedule. There's no way I'd fly to MIA without a negative test result in hand.  Obviously YMMV. 

• Like 3