Cruise Receipt doesn't reconcile with our Payments/Future Cruise Credits

thompson4131

Is anyone else experiencing issues with RCL's Accounting Department?...We have the following credits/payments for our December 2021 cruise:

- $500 Cash Deposit

- $505 Future Cruise Credit (appears on our Receipt as applied)

- $505 Future Cruise Credit (appears on our Receipt as applied)

- $674 Future Cruise Credit (appears on our Receipt as applied)

- $164.04 Cash Payment

- $2,348.04 Total Payment/Credits, however, only $1,726 appears on our Receipt

Cruise Cost:  $2,012.00

Our on-line account still shows that we OWE $286.00  I have called RCL on Sept. 7 and they said they need 3-5 business days to correct this issue.  On Sept 14, it hasn't been corrected yet.  I called Crown & Anchor customer service and they said they'll resubmit my concern and to allow an additional 10 working days to correct this???  Can't imagine this is only happening to me!

I applied three FCC's to a future cruise, carefully making sure I was following the rules and using the base fare only.  When I got the receipt, I owed much more than I thought I would.   I called my TA who called Royal and found out that they had used part of an FCC to pay for our prepaid gratuities.  It all came out even but now I'm not sure how to figure out how to apply the rest of my FCC's.   I guess I'll stick with base fare only.  Wish Royal accounting would follow the rules!

yes and it is called creative accounting.

I feel their accountants need to be retrained just a bit or stop subtotaling stuff.

And when making a booking, do a SCREEN print of your summary because RCI, for the most part if you book online, won't send an invoice email to you.  I always do a screen print before I submit my down payment.

1 hour ago, Tjterrill said:

Where does one see a detailed accounting? I can't seem to find it. 

I've never seen any 'detailed accounting'. It's maddening.  I'm trying to deal with them regarding a bunch of FCCs that were applied to a cruise that was then canceled, then reapplied and that cruise canceled--both cancellations were Royal canceling, not me.  And now I'm 'missing' about $575 in FCC and I've been told by one rep that it's because of a 'penalty'. Then another rep said no, there's not a penalty, it's because they accidentally refunded you instead. No, no they did not.  This saga has been going on for well over a month and I've got all the documentation, but no one seems to let me email that to them.  I'd love to have them look at all of that documentation so they can see that it is them that have screwed up using their 'accounting staff' which appear to have the math skills of a small soapdish. 

Oh my I have been on the phone 4-5 times with Royal about this. They kept dropping off one of our FCCs. They kept saying it would be fixed. I finally told them it had to be fixed for me to make final payment. They had me pay amount they showed we owed minus the $250 FCC and to call back by 9/24 to check that it was applied??? Today I see on website I owe $0 on that cruise. This should not have been so difficult!