Enrichment and entertainment on Regent

bitob

Sounds wonderful!  You are probably already aware of this, but on b2b cruises, you are likely to be having the same production shows repeated, but I think this is the case on all cruise lines.  Oh well, there are bigger problems, I suppose.😁

2 hours ago, boblerm said:

Sounds wonderful!  You are probably already aware of this, but on b2b cruises, you are likely to be having the same production shows repeated, but I think this is the case on all cruise lines.  Oh well, there are bigger problems, I suppose.😁

I am aware, yes.  Thanks.  Not an issue for us.  We like long cruises and repeat shows are always a fact of life.

I have found the production shows on Regent and Crystal to be roughly equivalent. The same with the headliners--in fact, there are some I've seen on both lines.  Regent does not have as many speakers as Crystal, but most or all of its lecturers speak on subjects that are in some way related to where the cruise is going or the theme of the cruise, if it has a theme. Many Crystal lecturers seem to speak on fairly random topics.  I find the quality of the two similar.

I do miss the Avenue Saloon when I'm on Regent, though on my last Regent Navigator cruise there was a similar atmosphere with a pianist/guitarist/singer in the little Navigator Lounge. 

• Thanks 1

In general, I agree Oceania entertainment was so-so.

However, we were on one of the last pre-covid cruises: late February 2020 on Riviera Miami to Miami, and the entertainment on this cruise was outstanding!  The  core entertainers and the pianist were incredible.

We were hoping that this is what is to come!  However, basically nothing was to come (with several cancelled cruises.)

We continue to book.......