Liquid Dietary Suppliments

nina_930

My mom has this dietary supplement drink that helps with inflammatory issues.  It looks like juice.  Has anyone every tried to bring something like this onboard and what were your experiences?  It's a 32oz bottle if she brings the whole thing.  I was thinking it would be better to throw it in the checked bags still sealed so if it's not allowed, they will hold it until the end of the cruise and she will not have to throw it out since it's expensive.  I'm worried they will consider it a fruit juice.  

1 hour ago, nina_930 said:

My mom has this dietary supplement drink that helps with inflammatory issues.  It looks like juice.  Has anyone every tried to bring something like this onboard and what were your experiences?  It's a 32oz bottle if she brings the whole thing.  I was thinking it would be better to throw it in the checked bags still sealed so if it's not allowed, they will hold it until the end of the cruise and she will not have to throw it out since it's expensive.  I'm worried they will consider it a fruit juice.  

If it's a prescription it should not be a problem.  

I asked about bringing some juice with me to keep in the cabin since I'm diabetic and am afraid of having blood sugar lows at night.  I was told if they are in a can it was ok and counted toward my 12 cans of soda.  Now I'm just going to order room service and have them bring me some juice.  So I'd ask to be sure.  

I had to bring liquid protein shakes on board and called the special needs department.

I printed out the letter and when they checked my carry on luggage I just showed them the permission.

I had to put it on my carry on and not in my checked baggage.

• Thanks 1