Best Path to Complaint Reservation

Tigerman4LSU

11 hours ago, Tigerman4LSU said:

Being in Client Satisfaction position at work, if a client had a complaint like this I would have taken ownership of it, not like the Royal Caribbean employee in Guest Resolution Department kept saying it is not my problem.  His comments do not speak well for taking ownership resolving issues.  If I said something like that I work, I would be coached and reprimanded.

7 hours ago, Tigerman4LSU said:

My biggest complaint is the person in the resolution department refusing to do anything and only say not my problem.  

You know, I've been trying to let this go and I can't. I've worked in CS for a handful of companies, both large and small, my whole career, and I am very good at my job. 

Sometimes, a CS rep or agent literally cannot do anything for the customer. They may transfer you to a manager or supervisor,  but in the end the customer may get told that "we're very sorry, but there's nothing that can be done at this time and my advice is to __________" 

As you state you're in client satisfaction, I'm surprised you can't show a bit of empathy towards your fellow CSRs. Also, I find it hard to believe that you'd expect a CS/guest resolution agent this far out to be able to actually do something for you anyway, when things are constantly changing. Additionally, they are not in charge of their company's rules or even what RC says can actually happen in this situation. Lastly, how is it the company's/rep's fault that you will be without internet on the new checkin day? That's a you problem, not a them problem. 

What I can say with confidence is that the person or persons you spoke with most likely, upon hanging up with you, gave that guttural "uuuhghghghghg" sound and rolled their eyes, because this is the definition of A Bit Much. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tigerman4LSU said:

I am concerned that I will be able to book the activities that you can only book on the ship.  I had everything ready to go on the original check in date and was checked in within five minutes.  For the new check in date, I will not have access to the internet.

Being in Client Satisfaction position at work, if a client had a complaint like this I would have taken ownership of it, not like the Royal Caribbean employee in Guest Resolution Department kept saying it is not my problem.  His comments do not speak well for taking ownership resolving issues.  If I said something like that I work, I would be coached and reprimanded.

Anyone who is brave enough to book a cruise during these trying  times needs to be flexible in all aspects from changing itineraries, changing ships, changing covid tests. Check in times are the least of the problems.  Also where will you be that you won't have access to internet?  There are plenty of hot spots around in hotels and in places like Panera and Starbucks. If you don't have access to internet how do you plan on receiving an email response from the CEO?

23 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

How about using your smartphone to check in if you can't do it from home?  I just hope the reason that they canceled your check in isn't because they canceled your cruise.

No, it seems like when they changed the Final Payment Date to 30 days out, they also broke (or just turned off) all the check-ins that people have done before this.  I have five cruises on four different ships in November and December that were all affected by this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1