Just did final payment on a NYE cruise...

Stockjock

My GF and I are fully vaccinated, but we haven't really done much in almost 2 years.  I admit to being a bit paranoid about covid, and cancelled a November MSC Europe cruise, which I think was the right call.

Got a great deal on this one, booked just before Always Included began.  I believe that I have $350 spending cash, midship balcony, wi-fi, drink package, (paid up for the extras) and it will actually force me to get out of the house for a change.  GF is probably more of a risk taker than I am, despite the fact that I'm an ex-cop who has been shot at and charged at with a knife, and she's been itching to go somewhere and do something.

A bit concerned about the potential for lack of distancing during NYE celebrations, but hopefully we can avoid the corona.  Found a South Beach Miami hotel on Hotwire for $100 (they're asking $420/night on their website), so that will be nice pre-cruise.  South Beach is usually pretty lively.

Should be fun.  Hopefully, it won't be cancelled.

Edited by Stockjock
Just because.
  • Like 1

Congratulations on taking the plunge.  I have cancelled 5 cruises last year but decided since vaccinated (including booster), the walls were closing in.  I jumped on a Celebrity Edge cruise, leaves next week and am so excited ..  As the ships all seem to do better  concerning Covid restrictions  I feel kinda safe, cruising, but will still take the necessary precautions.. Looks like you got a terrific deal on your hotel.  Stay safe.   Have a wonderful cruise. Enjoy the Holiday. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Enjoy. Great discount for the hotel too. Must add that to my discount list for when visiting US. Hopefully you will be 'charged at' with some martinis.

Just remember that Hotwire hotels are often non-refundable unless otherwise specified.  And you don't know for sure which hotel you'll get until you book.  But that said, I've found some great deals there.

In terms of the hotel I got, it had very good pre-covid ratings and candidly poor since then.  I think they shut down their restaurant, bar, pool and such, so people weren't thrilled.  But at that price, I can live with a few inconveniences.

13 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Just remember that Hotwire hotels are often non-refundable unless otherwise specified.  And you don't know for sure which hotel you'll get until you book.  But that said, I've found some great deals there.

In terms of the hotel I got, it had very good pre-covid ratings and candidly poor since then.  I think they shut down their restaurant, bar, pool and such, so people weren't thrilled.  But at that price, I can live with a few inconveniences.

May I recommend betterbidding.com ? They are virtually able to reveal the Hotwire hotels before you buy them through varying data points. Worked twice for me! I’m on the edge NYE cruise with the family.

Edited by dinzitari
  • Like 1