Doctor's note still required for those over 70 years old?

chamima

On 9/25/2021 at 10:56 PM, cruisemom42 said:

I used the term very deliberately for two reasons. One, none of us were there so it is not possible to know whether those making such claims were being honest or not. As I said originally, I find it somewhat inconceivable that someone would board a cruise ship for a world cruise at ANY age without thinking of possible contingencies such as having to fly home from somewhere halfway around the world, and how it would be managed.

The second reason is that, on the CC board afterwards, some posts from folks who were actually onboard at least two of these world cruises suggested strongly that fellow passengers were making such "claims" because they thought the cruise lines should do more for them and should sail the ship back to the US without the passengers having to disembark and fly home on their own. As presented, it had the appearance of a lack of regard on the passengers' part for the seriousness of the situation (given that the situation on the Diamond Princess was already a "known"). Passengers talk among themselves, and some suggested to others that they had perhaps exaggerated the extent of their health issues.

I don't intend to pass judgement -- as I said, I wasn't there. But "claimed" seemed to be the right word given the situation of doubt. We only have their word for it.

Someone told me that someone said something and someone else said it implied something else...so it must be true 🙄

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

Someone told me that someone said something and someone else said it implied something else...so it must be true 🙄

Facts have been totally discredited, so I think you are on to something with your logic!