Cancellation/Peace of Mind Policies for Sailings Early Next Year?

classy_cruiser

Does anyone know whether the Peace of Mind cancellation policies will be extended? The website currently says PoM only for sailings through Oct 2021. The 60 day final payment date is still in effect through end of March 2022. 

It sounds like if I make a booking for a January cruise now, I'm going to be SOL if I decide to cancel after final payment date (mid November). Is that correct?

Also let's say I make this booking using an FCC with expiration date of August 2022 and then I cancel before final payment. Would I get the FCC re-issued with a new expiration date? Or would it retain the August 2022 expiration? Would I completely lose the FCC if I cancelled after final payment?

Sorry for all the questions, hoping someone has the answers please 🙂 

9 minutes ago, classy_cruiser said:

Does anyone know whether the Peace of Mind cancellation policies will be extended? The website currently says PoM only for sailings through Oct 2021. The 60 day final payment date is still in effect through end of March 2022. 

It sounds like if I make a booking for a January cruise now, I'm going to be SOL if I decide to cancel after final payment date (mid November). Is that correct?

Also let's say I make this booking using an FCC with expiration date of August 2022 and then I cancel before final payment. Would I get the FCC re-issued with a new expiration date? Or would it retain the August 2022 expiration? Would I completely lose the FCC if I cancelled after final payment?

Sorry for all the questions, hoping someone has the answers please 🙂 

No. Yes. No. Yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m trying to decide if it makes sense to book a January 23 Encore sailing now with my FCC or just wait and see if there is a last minute deal.

I’m trying to figure out how to protect myself in the last 60 days and it seems fairly complicated. I can’t use my regular chase sapphire credit card insurance since it’s going to be majority covered by the FCC.

I’m also not seeing a clear answer on whether 3rd party insurance will do any good if the cruise is paid with FCC in the trip insurance forum.