Cruise document question from first time AmaWaterways cruiser

NCHPcruiser

On 10/7/2021 at 6:48 PM, NCHPcruiser said:

Spoke with our TA again this afternoon.  She is really trying her best and has an excellent relationship with AMA but even she is at her wits end.   Even had dinner with a VP last weekend.  She has escalated the situation and they are “promising” we will have our documents NEXT TUESDAY!  We leave 10 days later.  AMA has thrown out several reasons,  none of which carry any water with me.    I am so happy we booked our own air.     It sure does diminish the usual excitement before a trip!    My husband is wondering why we didn’t book with Viking or Uniworld both of which have established Egypt trips.  And actually I can’t recall the reason now but it surely wasn’t because AMA was less expensive since the category we wanted wasn’t available and the only thing left was a suite.   And yes, Judy, we are now very concerned how the trip will be!  

Stay tuned!  

Based on the reports from others, this will be a fantastic trip.  I guess the only thing that I need to know before the trip are the flight details for Jordan and Egypt and if I have a Visa.  I leave on the 28th so still have a few weeks to go.

Judy

Judy, Sadly our son passed away suddenly on Sunday so we will not be making the trip.  (Fortunately we had insurance.)  We emailed our TA on Monday so I don’t know if the documents would have been available as promised or not.  

Have a wonderful trip and I will look forward to  seeing your pics and reading your review.

Martha 

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Cruise document question from first time AmaWaterways cruiser