HELP!!! Parking at Port Everglades

Stardoggy

We are driving from Oklahoma to Ft. Lauderdale in March for a cruise on the Infinity. We are staying at a hotel that allows long term parking for a cruise. We want to get on our way home asap as we have 2 college students that need to go to classes on Monday and we have a 24 hour drive.:mad: Can anyone tell us about parking at the pier at Port Everglades? Is the car close to the pier or do you have to shuttle? We thought that hopping in a cab and going back to the hotel might be quicker than going for the car. However, if the car is fairly close, my husband can go for the car while the rest of us retrieve luggage. Your recommendations will be appreciated. Thanks!

Kay

You park real close to the pier. We have carried our bags to the car. I would like to know the hotel allowing long term parking and if they have a shuttle service to the pier. I didn't know of a place in Fort Lauderdale that had parking at the hotel.

Stardoggy

Most of the parking buildings in Port Everglades are close enough to the pier that is possible to take your luggage with you to the car, but not all. Even though, they all are within walking distance from the dock. The price for parking I thing went up to $12.00 per day. If your vehicle is a large size, like an RV, you have to pay ahead. Regular size cars and vans pay when leaving the building on your way home.

I'm including a couple of sites. You can navigate thru them and get a better idea of the area.

http://cruises.about.com/library/misc/blradmariner27.htm

http://port.everglades.portofcallguide.com/

http://www.porteverglades.org/index.php

Happy Sailing

Infinity usually uses Pier (Terminal 18) which is about 1/4 mile from the MidPort Parking Garage. There is a free shuttle which takes only a couple of minutes.

You could walk to the parking Garage...It would take a little time though.

Radio

;) ;)

We just got off the Infinity last Sunday. The parking garage might be 1/4 mile as the crow flies but I don't think I would try walking the distance especially with luggage or carryons. It is right across the street from Carnival, Costa and NCL but not Celebrity.

When we arrived at the pier for embarkation I dropped my husband off with the luggage and then drove to the parking garage and then waited almost an hour for the shuttle back to the ship. By time I got back boarding had already started and he was having a fit wondering where I was. They only have 2 shuttles which hold about 20 people.

Debarkation was better as we were one of the first off the ship and a porter took us and our luggage right to the shuttle. The driver was going to wait for a busload but another passenger slipped him $10 to leave right away.

We were off the ship at 8:30 and on the road home by 9:15 AM. Debarkation starts at 8:30 and some of the last groups are not off until after 10:00 AM making for a very congested area with people leaving and arriving at the pier at the same time.

Good luck. We had a wonderful cruise other than that.

Also off the Infinity just last Sunday and parked at the Port Everglades Mid-Port Parking. About a 5 minute ride on the shuttle but, alas, between waiting for the shuttle to fill up and waiting in traffic it took me about 40 minutes to retrieve the car and get back to pick up DH and the bags.Even friends who took a cab to FLL airport and rented a car completed the paperwork and were on the road before us. And we were one of the first off the ship at 8:30 AM.

Would strongly suggest you leave the car at the hotel and opt for the cab.

You park real close to the pier. We have carried our bags to the car. I would like to know the hotel allowing long term parking and if they have a shuttle service to the pier. I didn't know of a place in Fort Lauderdale that had parking at the hotel.

Hi, I have stayed at Amerisuites before, located on 10th Ave, off

17th Street. They let me leave my car on their lot for the week

and also had a shuttle to and from the pier. Though to be honest,

a cab ride was quicker and only about $5.00.

This was a couple of years ago but you might want to call and

see if they still offer it.

Archived