“LIVE” from Oasis of the Seas - Oct. 3, 2021

Radio

1 hour ago, rbschultz said:

The majority of the island is free. Thrill Waterpark will cost money and the cocoa beach club will cost money. Normal beach loungers are free of charge all over the islander, same with the large oasis lagoon pool. 

I'll add that there is a fee for the zip line and the hot air balloon, that is if either are in operation.  I believe that you can ride both of those separate from the Thrill Waterpark.  Someone please correct me if that's not true.  Food is free except for wings and fries at Captain Jack's.  There is an upcharge for them.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ginnynj said:

Radio...thanks for you pix and posts, They help with counting down to the 10/24 cruise. Question: Are the coco cola freestyle machines part of the Deluxe Beverage Pkg? It lists fountain soda, but the info about the CCFM says you need a cup with a chip in it? If its included, do I need a specific cup or can I use a Tervis or other type of cup? Thanks. Trying to plan on what I need to bring on the ship for sf/or zero sugar soda, I know I can ring a 12 pack. Appreciate your help.☺️

You are unable to use Freestyle Coke machines with Tervis, or any cup other than the Royal cup you get with Drink or Deluxe PKG.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ilya said:

Sorry if this was already asked. Around what time were the cabins ready on the embarkation day? All at once or section by section? Thanks!

I had a 1:30-2:00 boarding time, so my cabin was ready. I was told it was 1:30

Radio

• Like 3

Radio - Thank you for the pictures of the chess tables. I have been studying the ship since booking this a couple weeks back. It was super last minute and vowed I would never sail on a ship this size but the ship is the entertainment for me (cha ching to RCCL... lol)!!  I wonder what they did with the chess pieces? I have a spare set but not sure I would like to leave it out to see if others played along.

As for the library, I was rather hoping they had some form of reading materials in there. I usually leave my periodicals (aka magazines) I bring in them for others to read if they wish. I saw they had one but no books? That's weird! Maybe a COVID precaution? 😐

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Radio said:

You are unable to use Freestyle Coke machines with Tervis, or any cup other than the Royal cup you get with Drink or Deluxe PKG.

Amateur hour here... I tend to sail RCCL with charters so my knowledge is not so good. Where do you get this cup from? Do they hand it to you on the gangway? I switched from a water package to the refreshment package. I don't drink soda except at the disco. Do you have to bring that cup with you there, too?

Sorry for so many questions. I appreciate you taking the time this morning on your stroll and finding both the library and the chess set. I hadn't paid attention to this thread in a couple of hours and didn't realize there were so many new posts!

You've been incredible! Keep up the great work!

9 minutes ago, CruisinMaterial said:

Where do you get this cup from? Do they hand it to you on the gangway? I switched from a water package to the refreshment package.

If you paid for the refreshment package in advance, your cups should be waiting for you in your room.  If you haven't paid in advance, there will be table as soon as you get on the ship trying to sell a drink package to you.  Can't miss it.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, CruisinMaterial said:

Radio - Thank you for the pictures of the chess tables. I have been studying the ship since booking this a couple weeks back. It was super last minute and vowed I would never sail on a ship this size but the ship is the entertainment for me (cha ching to RCCL... lol)!!  I wonder what they did with the chess pieces? I have a spare set but not sure I would like to leave it out to see if others played along.

As for the library, I was rather hoping they had some form of reading materials in there. I usually leave my periodicals (aka magazines) I bring in them for others to read if they wish. I saw they had one but no books? That's weird! Maybe a COVID precaution? 😐

I her discussion from other passengers about it being a Covid precaution.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'll add that there is a fee for the zip line and the hot air balloon, that is if either are in operation.  I believe that you can ride both of those separate from the Thrill Waterpark.  Someone please correct me if that's not true.  Food is free except for wings and fries at Captain Jack's.  There is an upcharge for them.

is it best to purchase these tickets now before we board in Feb?  thanks

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CruisinMaterial said:

Amateur hour here... I tend to sail RCCL with charters so my knowledge is not so good. Where do you get this cup from? Do they hand it to you on the gangway? I switched from a water package to the refreshment package. I don't drink soda except at the disco. Do you have to bring that cup with you there, too?

Sorry for so many questions. I appreciate you taking the time this morning on your stroll and finding both the library and the chess set. I hadn't paid attention to this thread in a couple of hours and didn't realize there were so many new posts!

You've been incredible! Keep up the great work!

No worries. . . I'll be on next week too. 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Huh.  I didn't know that either.  Where is the door?  Is this true for all Oasis Class ships?  You learn something new every day.

The door is behind me. . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Radio said:

The door is behind me. . .

Sorry...I meant where in Central Park is the door to get into the library?   I just looked at the deck plans and found it.  I guess we were always drawn to Vintages and never had a need to go near Tiffany. 😁

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, relaxatsea said:

Radio, thanks for your great report, and special thanks for the Cruise Compasses!  Hope you get lots of time to "read the news".

Haha, yes I usually try to "watch news" for an hour between 1 ish or 2 ish. . .

Radio

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, CruisinMaterial said:

On 9/26 sailing, chess pieces were removed some time late in the evening, then set again in the morning.

Hello everyone and good evening. Today was the first of 3 relaxing days. I decided to get off the ship to go around and see what's happening with the Pier construction. The pier construction is going very well. Most passengers will be very surprised at what is to become of the Nassau Port Facility.

I went just two blocks from the pier and felt like I was in a combat zone. Stores and offices were gutted, I was offered some " Island Tobacco" on multiple occasions, just going two blocks from the pier. I'm sure the offices were being gutted for new businesses, and I'm sure that the Nassau police are looking forward to the protection of all cruise passengers.

The Marine portion of the port upgrade it's supposed to be done this fall but I think they might be a few months behind. The retail portion is scheduled to open in fall 2022. I hope things go well but Island time often takes a little longer.

Oasis of the Seas pulled away from the pier slowly at 6:00 p.m. her next stop will be Cape Liberty Cruise Port in Bayonne.

Here are a few pics from today. Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Scarlet Lady

PXL_20211007_162310598_MP.thumb.jpg.134b5f23edcba5f168414282281a451b.jpg

Scarlet Lady looks big from the pier, but she is much smaller. . .

PXL_20211007_162901055_MP.thumb.jpg.c882a8bf61e3cc931c23bb31ddd48a2a.jpg

I like the hull design though. . .

PXL_20211007_163021730_MP.thumb.jpg.ba1f2b7480b2980f31e2e8fa7c8cbcc2.jpg

This ort is getting completely re done.

PXL_20211007_164512490_MP.thumb.jpg.82c28fad0aca50eff2642c24968d92ce.jpg

Temporary Immigration OfficesPXL_20211007_163851742_MP.thumb.jpg.4486ae73bece478041330e479f1ba84d.jpg

The project should be done in 2022

PXL_20211007_165028982_MP.thumb.jpg.ccf9ac0cc8e10c487aff70f0afa5e8a8.jpg

Passengers are required to social distance. . .Unless you don't want to. . .

PXL_20211007_192345880_MP.thumb.jpg.4ed6be5739d32da685ecb7f6eaf334b1.jpg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Radio said:

There is no -spot- Covid testing, that I have seen or heard of onboard. There is a complimentary ride from the ship off of the pier in CocoCay. There is also a shuttle that will transport you around the island of CocoCay. I and not aware of any sharing tables in the dining room.

Radio

Thanks for the information, it's very helpful.

Do I understand the seating correctly - every couple or family group has its own table at dinner?

On 10/6/2021 at 10:57 PM, sixbirches said:

We are also on this sailing.
I can add that we went to Chill Island around 9:00am and easily walked off the ship with no line. We walked to Chill Island and found great lounge chairs in the shade under a palm tree with an umbrella with no problems. We were behind the lifeguard station and were an easy swim - or walk at low tide, to the swim up bar area.  There were also plenty of loungers with umbrellas in the sun too. We were near the restrooms, a small bar and also an easy walk for plenty of food. There were lots of guys available to take drink orders or give you a Coco Loco.  
We have done the Coco Beach Club before on another cruise, and it was good, but now I’m thinking that was a waste of money! Beautiful day with no extra expenses!

I heard Chill Island was the best place to snorkel?  Do you know if that is true?

On 10/6/2021 at 11:52 PM, Stuart Suss said:

I enjoy a dessert or light snack in the evening, after the shows.

With the Windjammer (buffet) closed completely after lunch, it appears that the only places to eat between 9:00 pm and midnight are the surcharged restaurants.  Am I reading the restaurant schedules correctly?

Anyone know if they will be opening up the Windjammer for dinner in the near future?

20 hours ago, Radio said:

Cafe Promenade is open 24 hrs

Boardwalk Doghouse is open until 7pm

Sorrento's is open until 2:00 am   Playmakers is open until 11:00 pm ($)

Johnny Rockets is open until 10 pm ($)

Portside BBQ is open untill 9pm ($)

I hope this helps. . .

Radio

Does anyone know the foods that are served 24 hours in Cafe Promenade or where I can find a menu?