Which ship/itinerary for Alaska 2022?

If seeing a grand glacier is what you want, then Glacier Bay is the belle of the ball, followed by Hubbard. The National Park Service allows only one ship per day in Glacier Bay, and only smaller ships. I think Norwegian has Glacier bay slots for 2021.

11 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

Which itinerary are you picking?  We were planning on an Alaska Cruise next summer 2023.  I'm also trying to decide if we should pick a land tour with Royal or plan our own land tours.  What do you do?  

We booked the land piece thru Celebrity - seven days. It starts in Fairbanks and goes south. We prefer the cruise at end and southbound. We go to Fairbanks a couple days early. Excursions can be expensive but we hav3 never been disappointed. I will check on Viator for excursions and compare to sip’s tours. Also try to do at least one leg of the land piece by train. It’s much more pleasant than bus.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, deliver42 said:

We were on The Ovation last December and loved it. Great ship and crew. Went to Sitka for the first time, and for the first time in Alaska, didn't feel like we were in a tourist town. Beautiful city.

I agree about Sitka, but December? :classic_huh: