Wonderful Summit Trip 9/30-10/4

RollWave

Just getting back from a wonderful 4 day trip aboard Summit!

Our first cruise  since getting off Infinity March 9, 2020.

Absolutely everything about this cruise was wonderful.

The ship was fresh & updated. The food was delicious.

Every crew member was friendly and welcoming. 

We sailed with less than 300 passengers - it felt like we were on a private yacht.

We felt very safe on board. The Retreat concierge informed us that everyone on board, with the exception of two children, had been vaccinated. When we were leaving Cozumel the Captain announced that all crew had been tested on that day ( Saturday) and all crew test negative for Covid. Additionally, senior crew members were very visible throughout the entire cruise and were more than happy to answer questions.

We were very pleased with our experience so we booked another cruise while on board!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, RollWave said:

Our first cruise  since getting off Infinity March 9, 2020.

Absolutely everything about this cruise was wonderful.

The ship was fresh & updated. The food was delicious.

Every crew member was friendly and welcoming. 

We sailed with less than 300 passengers - it felt like we were on a private yacht.

We felt very safe on board. The Retreat concierge informed us that everyone on board, with the exception of two children, had been vaccinated. When we were leaving Cozumel the Captain announced that all crew had been tested on that day ( Saturday) and all crew test negative for Covid. Additionally, senior crew members were very visible throughout the entire cruise and were more than happy to answer questions.

We were very pleased with our experience so we booked another cruise while on board!

Thanks for sharing!  I was on the Summit two sailings before yours and my experience was much the same.  Some quickie notes:

• We had about 320 passengers
  • We didn't have an announcement for how many kids were onboard (if there was one, I missed it), but I did see four that I suspect were under 12
  • The crew were also tested in Cozumel on our trip, all negative
  • I thought about getting a FCC or whatever Celebrity calls it, but my schedule is tight over the next few months... I didn't pull the trigger.  Oh well.

On 10/4/2021 at 7:09 PM, RollWave said:

...  We were very pleased with our experience ...

On 10/5/2021 at 5:48 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

I was on the Summit two sailings before yours and my experience was much the same.  ...

Thanks for your observations, folks.  We wonder about just one thing:

Is the ship being properly supplied?  In other words, are there shortages -- either of various food items or of beverages? 

Was there a lack of certain things that you had come to expect from sailing on other "X" ships -- and, if so, what were they?

Although we may be wrong, we have to assume that you purchased "Always Included" [sic] fares, so you had Classic Beverage Packages.  Were some wines, spirits, liqueurs, etc.  (that were mentioned on dining room lists or on bar menus) actually missing from the ship?

Thanks, in advance, for your replies.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jg51 said:

Is the ship being properly supplied?  In other words, are there shortages -- either of various food items or of beverages? 

Was there a lack of certain things that you had come to expect from sailing on other "X" ships -- and, if so, what were they?

I didn't notice shortages of anything, except time on the ship. 😄  Then again, I'm not a drinker, so I didn't spend any time at any of the bars. 

I just got off Summit this morning after a similarly wonderful cruise. She's a lovely ship with an amazing crew! 

16 hours ago, jg51 said:

Nothing stood out to me (except that there wasn't another bottle of Lagavulin 16 after I killed the first one, but that's a fairly obscure thing to find on a cruise in the first place). In fact, things looked pretty normal for a ship sailing with so few guests on board. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 6:39 PM, jg51 said:

Although we may be wrong, we have to assume that you purchased "Always Included" [sic] fares, so you had Classic Beverage Packages.  Were some wines, spirits, liqueurs, etc.  (that were mentioned on dining room lists or on bar menus) actually missing from the ship?

Thanks, in advance, for your replies.

The only thing missing on our cruise were an abundance of passengers 🙂.

We took a walk through the buffet once or twice and every station was open,  well stocked, and bountiful. Cafe Bacio always had their pastry display well stocked.

We were in The Retreat so we had the Premium Drink package and ate in Luminae. The food was excellent and impressive.

My DH and I were both on your cruise the the one after it--disembarking on Oct. 9.  I think if we had brought enough of our prescriptions, we would have extended the cruise.  On the 4 day cruise, we were told there were 273 passengers and on the 5 day cruise there were 266.  The ratio of passengers to crew was 1 to 3.  No matter where we went on the ship we met crew who called us by name and who were friendly and smiling.  They seemed to have time to stop and chat if we wanted to, and seemed hungry for interactions with us.  They bent over backwards to do anything they could for us and you had to be careful what you wished for or they would make it so.

My DH was at the Oceanview one day for lunch and went to the pasta bar hoping to get some spaghetti bolognese.  They didn't have it and a supervisor stopped him and asked him what he was looking for and when Bob told him, he said they'd have it for him they next day even though it wasn't on their agenda.  Lunch the next day, he went to the pasta bar and sure enough, there it was waiting for him.

Garry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1