Harmony and Sur La Mer on Majestic

Retired 07

Has anyone tried the jellyfish at Harmony?  DW and I like to try new dishes on a cruise, and we’re wondering about the taste, texture, etc.  Also, I see that SurLaMer serves a brunch on sea days and was wondering if the menu is similar to dinner, or completely different.  Would also love any menu suggestions from either of these restaurants.  Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Retired 07 said:

Has anyone tried the jellyfish at Harmony?  DW and I like to try new dishes on a cruise, and we’re wondering about the taste, texture, etc.  Also, I see that SurLaMer serves a brunch on sea days and was wondering if the menu is similar to dinner, or completely different.  Would also love any menu suggestions from either of these restaurants.  Thanks!

Harmony "Americanized" it's menu shortly before they started sailing again. I don't remember seeing jelly fish on the menu that someone else posted. As for Sur La Mer....no brunch anymore, and it was closed at some point during an Alaskan sailing. I have note heard if it's been reopened, but the venue is no longer listed in the Medallion app.

I tried to ask someone I know at Princess today, but he won't be back from vacation until next week.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Harmony "Americanized" it's menu shortly before they started sailing again. I don't remember seeing jelly fish on the menu that someone else posted. As for Sur La Mer....no brunch anymore, and it was closed at some point during an Alaskan sailing. I have note heard if it's been reopened, but the venue is no longer listed in the Medallion app.

I tried to ask someone I know at Princess today, but he won't be back from vacation until next week.

Someone is doing a "live from" the Majestic now.  I asked if she could check on what is going on with Bistro Sur La Mer.  We had a reservation for first night (Nov 6th) but it has disappeared and doesn't come up as an option for booking any more.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Thank you, I just checked my app, and it is indeed missing, and we sail in a few days.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Someone is doing a "live from" the Majestic now.  I asked if she could check on what is going on with Bistro Sur La Mer.  We had a reservation for first night (Nov 6th) but it has disappeared and doesn't come up as an option for booking any more.

Thank you, I would love to know as we sail very soon, and we were looking forward to it.

• Like 1

We were looking forward to the "unusual" menu items in the Harmony on our Majestic cruise a few weeks ago, and thought it would be a disappointment with the menu change.  I will say it was an incredible and refreshing dining experience. So much so, we went back the next night. In our opinion, the quality of the food and the level of service was the best the ship had to offer.  

Mike and Paulia T.

Edited by station10fd
  • Like 1

Hi, 

My dinner reservation for Bistro Sur La Mer on the Majestic Princess for November 1, 2021 has disappeared on the app. However, my dinner reservation for Harmony for November 2 still shows up. I am particularly interested in trying Harmony because it is unique to this ship.

Chuck

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retired 07 said:

Thank you, I just checked my app, and it is indeed missing, and we sail in a few days.

Jelly fish at a Chinese restaurant looks like a pile of wet rubber bands. Chewy. I have eaten this delicacy many times on the appetizer cold plate at Chinese restuarants around the world. Usually served with a dressing of sorts, sesame oil flavour mostly. Enjoy! Personally, I like them.

6 hours ago, Retired 07 said:

We have never tried jellyfish on Harmony, because this is our 1st time on Majestic. But we have reserved Harmony on the 1st night, and definitely will order jellyfish, my favorite dish, you should try it. Shirley 

1 hour ago, prettyjade said:

We have never tried jellyfish on Harmony, because this is our 1st time on Majestic. But we have reserved Harmony on the 1st night, and definitely will order jellyfish, my favorite dish, you should try it. Shirley 

The menu was changed and "Americanized". Jellyfish has been replaced with the likes of Sweet & Sour Pork, and General Tso's Chicken.