No CHEERS on Day 1 out of NYC?

Weeziblu

I just booked my first sailing out of NY and can see that when I attempt to add Cheers that it begins on Day 2.  I understand that this is specific to NY and Galveston, but does anyone know why?  Just curious...  

1 hour ago, Weeziblu said:

I just booked my first sailing out of NY and can see that when I attempt to add Cheers that it begins on Day 2.  I understand that this is specific to NY and Galveston, but does anyone know why?  Just 

In NY, I believe its because of the state's liquor laws as they relate to "pay 1 fee for all you can drink", but I'm not certain.  I'm also not sure about TX.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, matt082600 said:

In NY, I believe its because of the state's liquor laws as they relate to "pay 1 fee for all you can drink", but I'm not certain.  I'm also not sure about TX.

Carnival used to start day 1 out of texas or when they hit international waters. Maybe people complained so they just said ok day 2 we start. Obviously it's not prohibited as rcl does their drink pkg day 1 out of texas. Just not worth the hassle of maybe accounting for carnival out of texas. Or didnt make money with the extra taxes due.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Carnival used to start day 1 out of texas or when they hit international waters. Maybe people complained so they just said ok day 2 we start. Obviously it's not prohibited as rcl does their drink pkg day 1 out of texas. Just not worth the hassle of maybe accounting for carnival out of texas. Or didnt make money with the extra taxes due.

If you read Texas liquor laws it  reads as RCI shouldn’t be either. Texas liquor law is specific about this. Did a google search.

2 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

If you read Texas liquor laws it  reads as RCI shouldn’t be either. Texas liquor law is specific about this. Did a google search.

Well clearly their attorneys disagree with you.

I'm aware rcl uses liquor purchased in texas and then at some pt closes it up and switches over. If texas objected surely by now they would have said something to rcl way of doing it. 

My pt was only that if one can surely the other can do it in a way to make texas ok with it. Not to argue the law. 

39 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well clearly their attorneys disagree with you.

I'm aware rcl uses liquor purchased in texas and then at some pt closes it up and switches over. If texas objected surely by now they would have said something to rcl way of doing it. 

My pt was only that if one can surely the other can do it in a way to make texas ok with it. Not to argue the law. 

Because one does it doesn’t make it right or Legal and it is pointed out on Texas Liquor Laws. Not a lawyer either however  if RCI “chooses” to disregard or interpret the law different it’s a chance they are taking.