Full Refund Timing

dream2cruise

Days for Full Refund  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How many days did it take to receive full refund for cancelled cruise?

• 0 - 30 Days
    • 31 - 60 Days
    • 61 - 90 Days
    • More than 90 Days

2 hours ago, dream2cruise said:

We requested a full refund for money held for cruise cancelled twice.  How long should we wait for the refund to hit our credit card?

There was a thread a couple months ago, a guest waited 7 months and disputed the charge with their credit card company and was subsequently blacklisted from Carnival for unpaid charges.

6 minutes ago, mondello said:

There was a thread a couple months ago, a guest waited 7 months and disputed the charge with their credit card company and was subsequently blacklisted from Carnival for unpaid charges.

I think I saw that thread and have no plans to go that route.  I just want an idea of how many days/months to wait before calling Carnival to check on the refund.  I am good with being patient but don't want to wait too long.

13 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

I think I saw that thread and have no plans to go that route.  I just want an idea of how many days/months to wait before calling Carnival to check on the refund.  I am good with being patient but don't want to wait too long.

Most people would check their credit card online to see if it hit before calling carnival? I would.

52 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

Thought most guests have been having pretty good results recently. Sorry if you've been waiting long.

Edited by mondello
Add

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Most people would check their credit card online to see if it hit before calling carnival? I would.

That is my plan.  I was impacted by this last round of cancellations and submitted my request today.  I will give it a couple weeks and start checking my credit card.

1 hour ago, mondello said:

Thought most guests have been having pretty good results recently. Sorry if you've been waiting long.

I have not been waiting long.  🙂  I just wanted to know from others what would be reasonable time for refund.  I know customer service is very busy and don't want to contact them until it makes sense to do so.

2 hours ago, dream2cruise said:

I have not been waiting long.  🙂  I just wanted to know from others what would be reasonable time for refund.  I know customer service is very busy and don't want to contact them until it makes sense to do so.

Yeah, I had almost forgotten about this last round of cancellations and delayed restarts. This summer I cancelled Oct. and rebooked for next July. 

Today I booked Christmas and Spring Break cruises. So, I'm all set. Never had more than one booked at a time before this.

In one of my cancelled 2020 cruises, I found it interesting that the refund date was the deposit charge date… so I went more than a couple weeks without even knowing that the refund had processed. (As there was no refund or credit transaction in my “recent” transactions that I check daily…)

Had I not checked my actual statement (for something else actually) and seen a transaction dated months prior to that particular cycle period, I may not have seen that transaction until I was well past impatient. Makes sense that they would reverse the original transaction rather than initiate a new one (otherwise they may have to cover the transaction fee), but it had not occurred to me to look beyond the recent transactions. YEMV

3 hours ago, Brkintx said:

Had I not checked my actual statement (for something else actually) and seen a transaction dated months prior to that particular cycle period, I may not have seen that transaction until I was well past impatient. Makes sense that they would reverse the original transaction rather than initiate a new one (otherwise they may have to cover the transaction fee), but it had not occurred to me to look beyond the recent transactions. YEMV

Thanks.  That is good to know.  When the credit hits our card, it will be very obvious as it will exceed our balance resulting in a sizable credit on the card.  One possible challenge will be that the deposit was made under an old card number and final payment was made under new card number.  This refund will be for cruise money that we took as FCC for cancelled cruise in 2020 and used to book cruise for February of 2022.  Fingers crossed that it will all work out the way it should.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2021 at 8:59 PM, scpirate said:

My money has been tied up with carnival over 3 years because i used carnival giftcards. 

Us too! I just wanna cruise so we have closure! Going forward, we wont buy the GC til closer to cruising and and will pay off cruise near the final payment date.