Secrets of the Spirit Class

let's go cruising

One of the biggest secrets is on Deck three Forward. There's an interior promenade that goes from starboard to portside around the theater. There's windows facing outward and tables and chairs to sit and enjoy the views, to read a book, or just be away from everyone else. On the Pride it's called the Sunset Garden.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/carnival-pride-190/sunset-garden-207338/sunset-garden--v10554089

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

One of the biggest secrets is on Deck three Forward. There's an interior promenade that goes from starboard to portside around the theater. There's windows facing outward and tables and chairs to sit and enjoy the views, to read a book, or just be away from everyone else. On the Pride it's called the Sunset Garden.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/carnival-pride-190/sunset-garden-207338/sunset-garden--v10554089

It's a public room, not a secret.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

We can’t go into non-public secret areas so what else would one post?

"Secret" is a term often used on CC. I see it used mostly to reveal secret decks, not public rooms. Any guest wandering around deck 3 forward on Pride will walk into the garden area without opening a little used doorway as is the case when accessing a "secret deck." 

22 minutes ago, AHS123 said:

It's a public room, not a secret.

It's public, but always empty because the entrance to it is very unassuming. In the deck 3 smoking area outside, there is actually a non-functional sign for it (I have never seen it lit up). Almost seems like it was supposed to be accessed from the outside on deck 3, but they for some reason relocated the entrance to the inside

1 hour ago, let's go cruising said:

I have seen this for other ships and always love it. I searched and didn't find it for the Spirit Class. We have never been on a ship of this size on any line. We are looking forward to it, but want to learn more! 

Renee 

There is also a very easily missed door on deck 9 that lets you out onto a large observation area directly on top of the bridge. I never see many people out there. Not "secret" but not widely known either

• Like 3

Just now, pogoism9 said:

There is also a very easily missed door on deck 9 that lets you out onto a large observation area directly on top of the bridge. I never see many people out there. Not "secret" but not widely known either

That is one of the areas often referred to as a secret deck on this forum for Spirit Class ships. Thanks for posting this good example.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The Spirit Class ships have the 4K Cabin class, which is 0n Deck four and are the rooms where the lifeboats are located. Originally all Spirit Class 4K cabins had Juliet Balconies, meaning the cabins had doors similar to a balcony and you can actually open them but of course couldn't walk out to anything since the lifeboats are there. What is opening them for the fresh air. I know on some of the Spirit Class ships the doors have been changed to picture windows. Did they lock up the doors on the other ships that still have those doors? That would be ashame. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AHS123 said:

"Secret" is a term often used on CC. I see it used mostly to reveal secret decks, not public rooms. Any guest wandering around deck 3 forward on Pride will walk into the garden area without opening a little used doorway as is the case when accessing a "secret deck." 

Plenty of responses about secret areas as well as your response about a “secret deck”.  I’ve seen plenty of posts over the years referring to both. 

Just now, kwokpot said:

The Spirit Class ships have the 4K Cabin class, which is 0n Deck four and are the rooms where the lifeboats are located. Originally all Spirit Class 4K cabins had Juliet Balconies, meaning the cabins had doors similar to a balcony and you can actually open them but of course couldn't walk out to anything since the lifeboats are there. What is opening them for the fresh air. I know on some of the Spirit Class ships the doors have been changed to picture windows. Did they lock up the doors on the other ships that still have those doors? That would be ashame. 

Most of them would have been converted to floor to ceiling windows, i know Pride is set up like that. The others probably have the doors perma-locked. I'll find out in January on Legend, I have one of the 4K cabins

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

Pre-covid Carnival announced that all the French doors in 4ks on all 4 ships had been converted to floor to ceiling windows. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Plenty of responses about secret areas as well as your response about a “secret deck”.  I’ve seen plenty of posts over the years referring to both. 

Then what are these secret areas you've read about that you say we can't access? Why would we need to know? 

Just now, pogoism9 said:

Most of them would have been converted to floor to ceiling windows, i know Pride is set up like that. The others probably have the doors perma-locked. I'll find out in January on Legend, I have one of the 4K cabins

That's too bad. Our second Carnival Cruise was on the Spirit back in 2004 on a Hawaii cruise in a 4K. It was so nice to keep the door open while sleeping and enjoying the ocean sounds and air. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Always liked these cabins.  Are they still good value rooms like they were before?

13 minutes ago, AHS123 said:

The spirit (pun not intended) of the OP's post is to find out things, whatever that may be,  about the Spirit Class that may be unique to this ship's design and not on other Carnival ships. The OP has never sailed on a Spirit Class ship, so they are looking for information about this ship class so they can enjoy their cruise better. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Always liked these cabins.  Are they still good value rooms like they were before?

They are priced more than an interior but less than a window. But they don't have the fresh air anymore so they don't have the same value for us in that sense. 

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

The spirit (pun not intended) of the OP's post is to find out things, whatever that may be,  about the Spirit Class that may be unique to this ship's design and not on other Carnival ships. The OP has never sailed on a Spirit Class ship, so they are looking for information about this ship class so they can enjoy their cruise better. 

Yes.  It is just meant to be enjoyable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

I never said there was an area.  You’re the one that said it couldn’t be public. 

No, I said the garden is a public "room." The secret areas I said refer to accessible places like decks. These are places that guests can access.

Things I like about Spirit Class:

They have a professional, proper three level theatre. The Liquid Lounge concept on the newer ships is terrible.

The Serenity Deck is well located in the aft and is sheltered from those windy sea days. 

Passenger to size of ship ratio is excellent compared to the crowded newer builds. These ships do not feel overcrowded. Also, no ‘exclusive’ areas like Haven or Havana are removed from the square footage for the majority of passengers to make it feel even more crowded. 

Nice steakhouse on these ships.

• Like 12