Pride Steakhouse - recent experiences

IntrepidFromDC

We sailed on 9/12 and our surf-n-turf entrees were both horrible.  Filet was flat like a ribeye and brown through even though I ordered medium-rare and both lobsters were rubbery/hard with a taste of old oil.  We never had anything but great experiences before.  Any recent Pride cruisers have the regular great experience?  We cruise again 10/24 and I plan to book steakhouse but if others have had bad experiences since the 9/12 sailing we'll skip it.  TIA.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

We sailed on 9/12 and our surf-n-turf entrees were both horrible.  Filet was flat like a ribeye and brown through even though I ordered medium-rare and both lobsters were rubbery/hard with a taste of old oil.  We never had anything but great experiences before.  Any recent Pride cruisers have the regular great experience?  We cruise again 10/24 and I plan to book steakhouse but if others have had bad experiences since the 9/12 sailing we'll skip it.  TIA.

My friend was on 9/19 and went once and said the same thing.  It simply wasn't as good as prior.  She's also on the 10/31 repo and will give it another try since she'll have 2 weeks on that trip.  If that's not good, she'll have to wait to try Legend and is on that late November, December and January.  One of those has to be good!  

I don't think they were cleaning out the freezers (LOL) because I can't imagine serving anything to the public that's been frozen for 18 months.  I don't care what kind of freezers they have!  

I'd give it another shot since it's Pride's last hurrah!

Have a good cruise on the 24th. 

• Thanks 1

On Royal Caribbean we had a bad experience in the Steakhouse and the Maitre D invited us back on his dime for us to return and enjoy it.   Point is if you let them know about the experience I am sure they will either invite you back or chose another restaurant or refund you.

We had a bottle of wine sent up to our cabin which we enjoyed on our redo steakhouse night and the Manager even allowed us to swap it out for a better bottle which we did.

On the current sailing of the Pride right now and ate at the Steakhouse last night.  Had a wonderful meal.  Can't comment on the lobster but I had the Ribeye and my wife had the NY Strip. Both were seasoned and cooked perfectly. The food and service always seem to be better on the Pride than any other CCL ship. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Breeze in late September and booked the steakhouse our first night.  We had never eaten there before and thought we would enjoy the experience.  The meal was not as good as I expected and the service was slow (but service could have been a first-day situation).  The table art dessert was fun, but (for us) a one time experience.   Not sure if being from Texas made the difference, but I thought I could get a much better steak dinner at a restaurant closer to home.  That being said, we loved our lunch (free at embarkation) and dinner at the Cucina Del Capitano and will definitely eat there again.   Happy to be back cruising.

• Like 2

I didn't like the layout of the Pride Steakhouse.  It was open to the atrium, and the game they were playing (name that tune)  in the lobby was heard loud and clear in the Steakhouse.

Plus, the time we went I missed the announcement that they were testing a relaxed dress code and I was about the only male wearing long pants and a collared shirt while others were wearing normally frowned upon sports/gym clothes.  May have been a one off event, but it was my bad luck to be there that night.

• Thanks 1

I just debarked the Pride.  I found the steakhouse food to be as good as I remembered.  I heard no complaints from anyone else either.  I’d guess on your previous cruise maybe the chefs were still getting used to the ovens and equipment?  They were on hiatus for a very long time.  I’d give them another shot.  

• Thanks 1