Does Tampa Cruise Port have off site parking?

shay1

Some of the parking lots sold their property during the pandemic since they had no income. There are still a few that survived. Google Tampa cruise ship parking. 
The garage parking is the most convenient since it's 1 block from the pier

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 5:00 PM, med2cruise said:

There is a parking garage across the street from the port.

Is this the port parking? I'm looking at our options now, and for the Port Tampa Bay Parking. Quoting $105 for the week in April. Wasn't sure if this was our best option.

13 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

Is this the port parking? I'm looking at our options now, and for the Port Tampa Bay Parking. Quoting $105 for the week in April. Wasn't sure if this was our best option.

Yes...that is the port/public parking garage. Tampa is on fire...especially the Channelside area where the port is. Many of those off-site lots are getting sold for residential use. I am not sure which if any are still in operation. 

On 11/1/2021 at 8:44 PM, kctwinmommy said:

IMO, your best option is to park at the port, using their valet service.  The upcharge is minimal, and it could not be quicker or easier. 

It is especially nice at the end of the trip. They have the cars close by, and you can be off the ship, in your car, and driving home in just a few minutes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

IMO, your best option is to park at the port, using their valet service.  The upcharge is minimal, and it could not be quicker or easier. 

It is especially nice at the end of the trip. They have the cars close by, and you can be off the ship, in your car, and driving home in just a few minutes.

Do you have to leave your key if you valet?

Yes, because you hand the car off when you arrive,  and the attendant takes it to the appropriate lot while you head in to board the ship. 

I get the anxiety - the first time I used them my car at the time was about 2 months old. I watched it drive off with trepidation. However, it was waiting for me completely unscathed.  Paranoid confession: I did note the mileage 😁

Edited by EatonDoolittle
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...