Is tax charged on a RCI drinks package when buying it as a UK passenger?

Mim Lloyd

Hi. I'm thinking of buying the deluxe drinks package for an RCI cruise I've got booked for the Caribbean in January. The current cost is £44.08 per day. If I buy it, will tax be added on top of this price or is it already included because of bookingnin the UK? 

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2021 at 9:48 PM, Mim Lloyd said:

Hi. I'm thinking of buying the deluxe drinks package for an RCI cruise I've got booked for the Caribbean in January. The current cost is £44.08 per day. If I buy it, will tax be added on top of this price or is it already included because of booking in the UK? 

I think you will find the price quoted is the price you pay daily.  Some drinks are excluded from the package, typically very expensive ones where  I believe you pay the excess and tax on the excess often referred to as a percentage service charge.  Watch out for MDR bottles that are typically outwith the package.

Regards John

• Thanks 1

Hi John. Since I posted my original question my sister has booked a cruise on the Symphony. She's not buying a drinks package but went through the steps to see what the final price would be. And yes, tax/gratuities of 18% were added to the final price. I bought my package nearly a year ago for £38 per day which must have included tax/gratuities. Since then the price has been way more than that. I was hoping that there would be a 'sale' price that was lower so that I could cancel and rebook, but sadly not.