Using non refundable credit for remainder of cruise next

thedarklord

We're on the Jade right now, and thinking about buying some more cruise next certificates. 

We've got $200 non refundable credit on our account. If we buy 2 cruisenext at $500, $250 obc is automatically applied making our balance $250. My question is: (assuming no other charges) will the $200 non refundable obc be applied to that remaining balance making our checkout balance $50, or can you not use non-refundable obc against Cruisenext, meaning our checkout balance would still be $250, with the $200 obc still sitting in our account unused? 

Hope that makes sense! 

27 minutes ago, rebeccac said:

I'm not sure exactly how it works on NCL, but most other lines don't let you use onboard credit to purchase future cruise credits.  Hopefully, someone has a more definitive answer.  

from what i noticed on my past NCL cruises, when you purchase the cruise next cruise credits they bill your credit card on file for the amount and do not add it to your onboard spending account. they only add the onboard credit to your onboard account

27 minutes ago, shof515 said:

from what i noticed on my past NCL cruises, when you purchase the cruise next cruise credits they bill your credit card on file for the amount and do not add it to your onboard spending account. they only add the onboard credit to your onboard account

That was never my experience in the past: the certificates were treated as any other on-board purchase (and they could be paid for using non-ref OBC). But according to folks on my last sailing, this has changed and non-refundable OBC can no longer be used for CruiseNext deposits. But they are still charged to your onboard account and you pay the balance with the rest of your folio. 

• Like 1

Just had a chat to one of the cruisenext people on the ship. She confirmed that the rules changed recently meaning you can no longer use non refundable credit for the purchase. She did confirm though that the credit you get for purchasing them can still be applied to the cost.