Seashore Oct ‘21 - a review, perhaps?

Beamafar

@hamrag  You’re probably aware of this, but, in case you’re not (or if others are reading this, it may be of interest) you need to be connected to the ship’s wifi to scan the bars’ codes for the various menus.  You don’t need an internet package or connection to do so.  You also need to for the app.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

@hamrag  You’re probably aware of this, but, in case you’re not (or if others are reading this, it may be of interest) you need to be connected to the ship’s wifi to scan the bars’ codes for the various menus.  You don’t need an internet package or connection to do so.  You also need to for the app.

So far we have resisted this method of viewing menus, and to date (including on Virtuosa a couple of months ago) have always managed to get a hard copy in our hands....😂

Thanks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hamrag said:

So far we have resisted this method of viewing menus, and to date (including on Virtuosa a couple of months ago) have always managed to get a hard copy in our hands....😂

Thanks.

Yeah, I prefer the hard copy, myself.  I copied a few menus onto my phone from other reviews and used them some of the time.  For example, one night I fancied having a few cocktails as a change from cognac so I checked out the cocktail menu on my phone that someone had kindly posted on here.  These weren’t available in the Venchi/Times Square venue, but the servers went to the Shine Bar next door for them:

4A4B3359-3AC3-4B14-BB80-1A12F8BAE55D.thumb.jpeg.a9cf8c819c58f03adf9b45e2f878b226.jpeg

DF548030-AF62-4B20-BDE7-6C3F0F4F0BF4.thumb.jpeg.7f01fc116f3ad6fd7e35d22a810390e3.jpeg

This one looked like it was served in a mini trifle bowl  🙄😆:

C9F8BB28-48F0-4476-93D1-13EC9A492EB4.thumb.jpeg.fc3ec38eaa166207e702929ad0b92c98.jpeg

The chocs were complimentary from Venchi.  The servers were very generous to us.  

5F7E1549-50CC-4570-AC26-9AB263FF3407.thumb.jpeg.e2e79464569245f07acd95b33f387112.jpeg

ED35A562-936B-4875-AEDE-CC5C310DCA12.thumb.jpeg.9ea6f3a17542a254a91cb13ef4b2f379.jpeg

D78622F8-4027-400B-9FC5-31C3FC263F45.jpeg.7649c57c54313714b3bade29224c206d.jpeg

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

On our Virtuosa cruise, I ordered a Skyfall for DW and we knew it would be chargeable. At every stage in the process, was advised such and I kept saying I know but they kept telling us.....and it was rotten, the worst drink ever, I had to swap my drink with her and I couldn't get below mid glass leaving most of it.

Will certainly try the other two you've pictured, they look really nice....as did the Skyfall. 😧 

Totally agree about Skyfall - yuck! (Though I did finish it, despite Mr B’s insistence that I not). 

I enjoyed the other two, but I don’t think the tequila one agreed with me.  I’d normally say it was mixing drinks was the problem, but it was the same when I was drinking straight tequila.  Maybe it was the lime, as I had no issues with Patron on NCL (didn’t do the salt and lime bit then). 

Anyway, those cocktails packed some punch. 😵💫😵💫😵💫

17 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Totally agree about Skyfall - yuck! (Though I did finish it, despite Mr B’s insistence that I not)....

I think that's the celtic way, and probably our generation also....us Irish and Scots brought up in the manner of 'waste not, want not'! 🤣

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hamrag said:

I think that's the celtic way, and probably our generation also....us Irish and Scots brought up in the manner of 'waste not, want not'! 🤣

And even worse, if you're at a friend's house, and it is your host's "personal special," you'll finish the one (somehow!), and then gladly take the offer of a second one! 🧐

• Haha 1

On 11/9/2021 at 10:31 PM, Beamafar said:

....You won’t regret upgrading - especially as it’ll be the only opportunity to ever experience Prem+ .   Plus, it would make a very nice retirement treat.   I’ve always felt the upgrade helped to enhance the cruise experience....

Following my enquiry to upgrade, because the beverages section within the 'my cruises' section gives full price of the P+ package, I contacted my TA and got the stock response:

Thank you for your email. Please note I have contacted MSC to look into this, and they advised me that no drinks upgrade is applicable on Yacht Club cabins as the mini bar and complimentary drinks are already included.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Needless to say, I have sent them homeward to think again....asking to elevate to management, so we'll see what tomorrow brings, not holding out much hope! Worst case, we have to pay an extra 15% on board. 🙄 

Edited by hamrag

15 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

....Yep - had that response from MSC reps - God be good to them....

At least we'd be able to find out if the YC minibar get's replenished twice daily for free....if so, we'd maybe pass on P+ or just get it for DW champagne drinks. If we get the choco peanuts I'll ship a case to you....if Brexit enables such!! 😂

• Haha 1

You’re probably too near to sailing to upgrade now prior to sailing.  Talk nicely to the concierge and they may be able to forego the 15% added charge.   From experience, they can remove all sorts of charges on your account. 😉

Appreciate the choc nuts offer.  Would even be willing to pay the duty.  🤣🤣

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2021 at 11:41 PM, hamrag said:

At least we'd be able to find out if the YC minibar get's replenished twice daily for free....if so, we'd maybe pass on P+ or just get it for DW champagne drinks. If we get the choco peanuts I'll ship a case to you....if Brexit enables such!! 😂

I wonder which of these would be closest to MSC’s offerings?   Looks like I’ll have quite a lot to get through to find out.  😂

D486C454-AE8D-476E-9D42-ED68990315D4.thumb.jpeg.d7e614b0dcf8449c9107cdbe41389d42.jpeg