Carnival Valor Live*/Solo/B2B 11/6-11/11/21 & 11/11-11/15/2021

JRL81

1 hour ago, grantbob said:

Headed down next weekend to get on the Glory. What's the temp down there? Trying to figure out shorts or jeans?

Today was was 58 this morning it warmed up into the 60’s it been beautiful!! I wore a T-shirt and jeans all day and even this evening 

• Like 1

This evening has been a blast catching up with friends and I do have some pictures but I have to be careful with some as they can’t been seen as they shouldn’t have been in NOLA apparently lol… 

but a good time was had by all and catching up with them was worth it! M back at the Lafayettee’s absinthe bar I just like the vibe atmosphere and having a beer before i call it a night! But I did have a new experience… the vampire speak easy!!! Will detail that in a bit

• Like 6

8CD779CB-BB87-4C6E-BEDF-FFC8A3A10793.jpeg.5d7bf78c73281a8a4783cca37166691d.jpeg

Good morning cruise family!!!!! The day is finally here!!!! I believe enough alcohol was imbibed last night that I was able to sleep fitfully until 8 this morning! 

going to grab breakfast make sure everything is repacked. I have time to kill this morning has my port checkin is 11-11:30 window. So after I find something to put in my tummy and more coffee I will be ready to get the day started! 

I have some stuff to post about last night and a picture or two I will get to here in a bit.. all I can say is that the vampire speakeasy was amazing!!

• Like 7

When I left y’all in the lurch last night I went and had lunch with some former coworkers. I  haven’t seen these cats in like 6-7 years! They are all still somewhat local enough that they drove over for the evening.

I let them choose the venue to see what they had in mind. Their dive of choice was Killer Poboys. This place has a few traditional poboys and several fusion style including pork belly, bbq chicken, and a beef debris with pickled green beans and peppers and cheese… you could also have a whiskey/bourbon grill cheese.

I went with the debris. This hot beef sandwich was pretty dang good! A4ECAD36-7D4B-4F02-9798-F212DF1C5DF6.thumb.jpeg.f39ac4128682eaf1501c8b90722b95a0.jpeg

• Like 4

The vampire speakeasy was a very very unique experience. Literally like an old SE through the building to the back talk to the guard, pay your money, through a locked door and up a stair case… and enter one of the most chilled laid backed vibes I have ever seen. Turn of the century madams parlor is the best way to describe it. The only thing that sucked was that the bar tender on duty requested no pictures be taken while we were there. Apparently they had some “VIPS” that do as they with and pay a lot of money to be somewhere there is no crowd. 

• Like 3

So the list last night was tropical isle, pat obriens, old absinthe, Lafayettes bar, vampire bar, the dungeon.. these dudes has no shame in their game but I bowed out at midnight ish as we had a big day coming today!!!!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Rulers Mom said:

I'd love to see a clearer photo of the black board with the house rules for your Hostel.  🙂

I took it in portions to make it more legible. I didn’t forget just a late night last night lol

43F3041A-0718-4872-B17B-88558B100728.jpeg

D0E225CA-9330-4A98-9528-94079A56B8CE.jpeg

E9BE7D7F-5981-4369-9287-67495587D290.jpeg

C64E9C92-B665-494F-AE0A-82A365D65D50.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Monitoring the Lyft and taxi situation this morning to see how much prices jump. D44BDBFA-0971-42A9-AD44-3A45B04FB2B8.thumb.png.f67be80180f139e1b6a42556ed9c8511.png

if it wasn’t so early I’d jump at that price but they won’t let me in this early so I’m going to wait for a bit and see what happens

• Like 2