Havana Aft-extended Balcony cabins - Vista Class

Alegeeter

Hi everyone,

For those who have sailed in Havana aft-extended balcony cabins on the Vista class ships, I am wondering what you preferences are for cabin selection and why. I know there are several minor differences among cabins but curious as to what you all prioritize. It looks as if some rooms are slightly bigger than others, some have bigger balconies than others, 9th deck cabins have shaded cover but are also subject to noise from the Lido deck, etc. 

I am currently booked in 6482 on Horizon - it looks like one of the bigger cabin space, smaller balcony ones (small is relative since it's still much bigger than a standard room). From videos, it looks like the extra cabin space will be nice but wondering if we should switch.

We had aft balcony 9478 on Panorama a few weeks ago. Loved having the cover for shade and privacy. It is the end balcony and is much larger than the center balconies. We did hear some chairs being moved above occasionally, but it was not really that bad. 

71DD963F-DB0B-42A5-B9BA-A173F7C3688D.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for the photo. That is a gorgeous balcony and the extra space is nice. We keep going back and forth whether we’d value more deck space or more space in the room itself. The end rooms with the bigger balconies seem to be smaller.

1 hour ago, Alegeeter said:

Thanks for the photo. That is a gorgeous balcony and the extra space is nice. We keep going back and forth whether we’d value more deck space or more space in the room itself. The end rooms with the bigger balconies seem to be smaller.

The room is a regular size balcony room with a couch.

9 hours ago, LuvCruiSun said:

The room is a regular size balcony room with a couch.

Some of the rooms in the middle of the floor are slightly larger - I thought so from deck plans but videos online confirmed.

In this first photo there’s no space between couch and the side table.

image.thumb.png.dd908882a48fecc34bd4e76d9a24fec9.png

In this photo there’s a good amount of space between. Neither cabin is listed as Accessible as being bigger/smaller.

image.thumb.png.4bf71150c50e2d2c744875f7a77b9344.png

And @SNJCruiser- great question about where we will spend more time as a factor in deciding which room- my guess would be the pool area since we have never had a Havana cabin, but you never know!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/23/2021 at 7:34 AM, Alegeeter said:

Some of the rooms in the middle of the floor are slightly larger - I thought so from deck plans but videos online confirmed.

In this first photo there’s no space between couch and the side table.

image.thumb.png.dd908882a48fecc34bd4e76d9a24fec9.png

In this photo there’s a good amount of space between. Neither cabin is listed as Accessible as being bigger/smaller.

image.thumb.png.4bf71150c50e2d2c744875f7a77b9344.png

And @SNJCruiser- great question about where we will spend more time as a factor in deciding which room- my guess would be the pool area since we have never had a Havana cabin, but you never know!

I feel like that last photo just depicts "dead space" with no real function (would you really even use it)?  Personally, I would spend all my time either at the Havana pool/lounge area, or on that humongous private balcony soaking in the unobstructed views.  Imagine the beautiful sunset photos from up there.  😎