TABC in Galveston

ManImBored

3 hours ago, ManImBored said:

Is TABC still at the Galveston terminal collecting tax on liquor brought back from Mexico? I haven't seen any posts about it in awhile, just wondering if it was still going on. 

They just started back up recently. They were there when we debarked last Saturday.

Yes but only asking if YOU have anything to declare . There is no random selection for going through luggage . It is strictly voluntary to declare on your part . 

Edited by ssb

25 minutes ago, ssb said:

Yes but only asking if YOU have anything to declare . There is no random selection for going through luggage . It is strictly voluntary to declare on your part . 

I thought that TABC was given a list of people who bought alcohol on the ship. I guess just make sure to pack your booze before leaving the ship.

On 10/23/2021 at 10:03 AM, ssb said:

I don't mind paying the tax, just wanted to prepare for it if it was still there.

On 10/23/2021 at 10:30 AM, 1025cruise said:

I thought that TABC was given a list of people who bought alcohol on the ship. I guess just make sure to pack your booze before leaving the ship.

I am unaware of liquor lists of purchases but think there is  list of high end purchases of jewelry , paintings etc.