Price Drop After Final Payment

ESCARGO

10 hours ago, quattrohead said:

I was not able to get a reduction without changing my booking....not going to touch that with someone else's barge pole 🤬

I thought I would be getting $118 back for my voyagers club discount of 20% but apparently it is actually 19% but they don't know why 🤑

So to save $102 on an already cheap cruise I am not going to attempt to screw my whole screwed up booking up 🤢

It’s 19% because it’s not 20%. 🙂  The way the math works is that you take the cruise fare and subtract 5% which is the standard voyagers club discount. Then you take that amount and you subtract an additional 15% from that. And that is the price for the 5+15 rate. That’s why they phrase it the way they do, 5+15.. It’s only one percentage point difference, but that adds up over thousands and thousands of cruise fares. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pghflyer said:

So with their "Total CruiseFlex" in the USA where you can change up to 48 hours prior to your cruise with no penalty, can't you just use that program to rebook and get current rates? Obviously may only be applicable for US customers........

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/total-cruiseflex

No, the Cruiseflex policy only allows you to change the sailing date/ship of an existing booking.  It doesn't allow cancelling that booking (to re-book), or moving funds out of that booking to another booking.

On 10/25/2021 at 12:15 PM, quattrohead said:

I thought I would be getting $118 back for my voyagers club discount of 20% but apparently it is actually 19% but they don't know why 🤑

So to save $102 on an already cheap cruise I am not going to attempt to screw my whole screwed up booking up 🤢

I think a 5% discount + a 15% discount works out to be 19% from the original price. (The 15% discount is off a price that was already reduced by 5%.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MonsterJoe said:

I am curious what everybody means when they say "Final Payment" - I have never seen any option other than pay in full.  ??

It depends how far in advance you book.  Final payment is usually due 60 days before sailing date for shorter cruises (4 nights and less) and 90 days for 5 days and longer cruises. So you if you book in advance of those dates, you only pay a deposit at time of booking.  Then when the final payment date comes, you pay the rest.

So if you book say 30 days before the cruise, you have no option other than to pay in full.

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

It depends how far in advance you book.  Final payment is usually due 60 days before sailing date for shorter cruises (4 nights and less) and 90 days for 5 days and longer cruises. So you if you book in advance of those dates, you only pay a deposit at time of booking.  Then when the final payment date comes, you pay the rest.

So if you book say 30 days before the cruise, you have no option other than to pay in full.

Ok, that makes more sense, thanks.  I was looking at a short late December cruise and it seems that comes right up to the 60

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Interesting to hear how they treat us cruisers here in Europe/UK differently.

I have just had the unpleasant and bitter experience of finding out that my cruise has dropped nearly £400. I thought it might be worth a call the their London office, but as most have said on here they are just not interested and apparently "MSC do not set the price", so I assume they have a random number generator doing it for them!

I was very polite, but they were just not interested in OBC/Room upgrade, or anything, however small!

Oh well, might not chose to sail with them again unless it is a blinding promotion, which I thought mine was, until this better one!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheWaterDoc said:

Interesting to hear how they treat us cruisers here in Europe/UK differently.

I have just had the unpleasant and bitter experience of finding out that my cruise has dropped nearly £400. I thought it might be worth a call the their London office, but as most have said on here they are just not interested and apparently "MSC do not set the price", so I assume they have a random number generator doing it for them!

I was very polite, but they were just not interested in OBC/Room upgrade, or anything, however small!

Oh well, might not chose to sail with them again unless it is a blinding promotion, which I thought mine was, until this better one!!

You realize this thread is two years old. I started a similar thread a few weeks ago and all posters reported that MSC no longer offers any sort of compensation for price drops after final payment.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2021 at 12:48 PM, racephoto said:

Just so you know, that may very well be your travel agent charging a fee. MSC hasn’t charged me any change fee, and I went from a regular fare to the voyages select 5+15 fare before FP, then got two price drops inside of final payment, the last one being yesterday…..three weeks before sailing. 

Just look at where the credit card charge is from.  If it is charged by MSC then they are charging the fee.