Any issues foreseen about getting covid tested after thanksgiving for 11/29 sailing?

codeyell0

I'm not sure if test centers/labs run 7 days a week or what.  
My last cruise we sailed on Sat. and were able to get tested Thursday. This sailing is Sunday and we will need to get tested on black Friday.  
We have small children and I know not everywhere tests kids for some reason.  

I know this might be a port of Miami question since we will be in Florida for thanksgiving unless we can't find a place to test.  Then we will get tested at home and drive to Miami Friday-sat.  
Anyone got tested in Florida.  I always here CVS but I fear them being slow. not sure if everyone uses the same labs. We have always gone to testing sites or places they can interact with our mylabs.com.  

We have/had similar concerns for a cruise that leaves on December 28th (we fly to Texas on the 26th - a day after Christmas).  We opted to order the proctored at home tests from Emed.  That way we won't have to rely on a drug store or testing lab being open (or swamped with work) because of the holiday.  Maybe using the proctored tests would be an option for you as well?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paross4 said:

We have/had similar concerns for a cruise that leaves on December 28th (we fly to Texas on the 26th - a day after Christmas).  We opted to order the proctored at home tests from Emed.  That way we won't have to rely on a drug store or testing lab being open (or swamped with work) because of the holiday.  Maybe using the proctored tests would be an option for you as well?  

I have young kids no home test for them

We are in a similar boat. I plan on signing the kids up for the cvs test for Friday (departing Sunday 11/28). We will do the at home test. As a backup I will schedule Saturday rapid appointments at our urgent care. My kids are 3 and 5. 

Its so nerve racking if the results don't come back you don't go. 

Its nothing you can control.   

We will be out of town in Florida we live in GA i know who to trust locally but not in Florida.
Which makes me more nervous. Since this is for travel they make it seem non-important. 
Many places wont test kids for some reason. I might be wrong but we were directed to their Dr. or special locations locally.  

I feel like there should be some tracking like ups. (this is a joke)
ok it left cvs 9:45am,
it arrived at the lab 10:20am
tech placed test in machine 3pm

• Like 1