Need to change sailings

atabs12

I never had to do this before so I have no experience with this. We had something come up in the family and have to change the date of our cruise. Our original sailing is within 30 days. We would like to move to an earlier sailing. With 48 hours cancel for any reason by Celebrity how would that work? Do they apply credit to new sailing right away or do one has to pay out of pocket? Any input is appreciated. Just want to be prepared before I call Celebrity. Thanks so much

If you are a Captains Club member I would suggest you give them a call and see what they can do.  If you don't like the answer I might wait and try again on Monday.   Since you want to sail within the next 30 days you might need to escalate to resolutions department to get it done.

• Thanks 2

I used the “any reason” accommodation/policy earlier this week, to change from reflection to apex (same sail date of 4th dec). I did it all on line, I first did the cancellation of the reflection booking, then I posted a new booking on apex.  The “any reason” policy means you get future cruise credit, and it can take up to 30 days to get it, so the only real negative is I had to put up all the $$$ now (for both) and celebrity gets to hold my refund (in the form of future cruise credits) but at least I could make the change that I wanted. We will cruise again, no firm plans yet, so it’s hard to call that a penalty, especially when compared to the pre-COVID policy for such a change.  I am ~40 days out, your window is less but I don’t see that as a factor other than supply/demand related.  Good luck, hope it works out for you.  The “any reason” policy is set to expire (or be revised) soon, be careful about that.

Edited by cruzer0007
  • Thanks 1