A Couple More Newbie Questions

Guppy99

Having booked my first Oceania cruise, I'd like to know your feedback on the following:

1.  Experience with the luggage valet service (pick-up at your home and direct delivery to your onboard suite)
  2. Artist Loft. How does this work? Choices? preregister? extra fee?
  3. Culinary Centre. What kind of classes? How often? preregister? extra fee?

Thanks for any feedback on these activities!

Guppy99,

Easy Q’s, Luggage Free or others services have worked out great but only used to travel to Alaska.  It isn’t cheap, especially to Europe but depending on your itinerary, it could be a good decision. We used it so we could do a Pre Land tour and our bags went to the ship. Perfecto!

So you are on Riviera or Marina or perhaps Insignia. We are on Riviera now and my wife has signed up for classes in the Loft many times and it is great. Free, just go sign up in the afternoon or evening in the Loft with the Artist in Residence. You do not book these classes prior to sailing. Currently reduced class size but by 2022 it should be full, 24 guests if I recall correctly. Like I said, FREE. 

Culinary Center Classes, great fun. Not knowing when you are sailing it might be tough to give you an accurate answer. Pre COvid we have signed up for some prior to sailing and also signed up while on board. Confirm with your Travel Agent or directly with Oceania. The classes are great and you eat what you make so don’t waste a Premium dinner reservation if you are taking a Class the same day. Friends have signed up for classes on board this first Sailing on Riviera, smaller class sizes too. Yes there is a nominal charge for a wonderful and educational experience. 

Enjoy, WE ARE!

Mauibabes

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Having booked my first Oceania cruise, I'd like to know your feedback on the following:

1.  Experience with the luggage valet service (pick-up at your home and direct delivery to your onboard suite)

2) first come  no fees

3) cooking  look under cruise culinary  classes to see what is on offer

pre register is best

extra charge $$

3 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Guppy99,

Easy Q’s, Luggage Free or others services have worked out great but only used to travel to Alaska.  It isn’t cheap, especially to Europe but depending on your itinerary, it could be a good decision. We used it so we could do a Pre Land tour and our bags went to the ship. Perfecto!

So you are on Riviera or Marina or perhaps Insignia. We are on Riviera now and my wife has signed up for classes in the Loft many times and it is great. Free, just go sign up in the afternoon or evening in the Loft with the Artist in Residence. You do not book these classes prior to sailing. Currently reduced class size but by 2022 it should be full, 24 guests if I recall correctly. Like I said, FREE. 

Culinary Center Classes, great fun. Not knowing when you are sailing it might be tough to give you an accurate answer. Pre COvid we have signed up for some prior to sailing and also signed up while on board. Confirm with your Travel Agent or directly with Oceania. The classes are great and you eat what you make so don’t waste a Premium dinner reservation if you are taking a Class the same day. Friends have signed up for classes on board this first Sailing on Riviera, smaller class sizes too. Yes there is a nominal charge for a wonderful and educational experience. 

Enjoy, WE ARE!

Mauibabes

Thank you so much! I' will be on the Riviera,  Dec 23, 2023 - Jan 4.  I live in NY and the ship departs from Miami. We're going to fly in the day before. It's just my mother (85) and myself, so I'm thinking the luggage management would be very helpful for the trip down.

Continue having a marvelous trip!

1 hour ago, Guppy99 said:

I can speak to #3: Culinary classes are listed in your O account (just like excursions). Most are offered on sea days and some days there’s morning and afternoon classes. Pretty sure it’s $70/person/class. Lots of fun and informative/hands on in an excellent lab setting. Some classes are geared to the current itinerary. Book ASAP pre- cruise as they often fill up long before embarkation.

1 hour ago, Guppy99 said:

Culinary Centre. What kind of classes? How often? preregister? extra fee?

The fee for most culinary classes on Riviera’s 17 November sailing is $89, but I see one called Perfect pairings that costs 139. 
They fill up fast, so register as early as possible.

4 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

The fee for most culinary classes on Riviera’s 17 November sailing is $89, but I see one called Perfect pairings that costs 139. 
They fill up fast, so register as early as possible.

Right you are! Just checked my January cruise and it is $89.

Also first time Oceania cruisers.  Three questions:  do we sign up for the Dom Perignon special dinner at the same time we make our specialty dining reservations?  What is the cost, please?   Is this dinner held more than one time on a cruise?

We will be sailing on the Vista 15-day Montreal to Miami cruise in September-October of 2023.

Many thanks.

44 minutes ago, IrishKathy said:

Also first time Oceania cruisers.  Three questions:  do we sign up for the Dom Perignon special dinner at the same time we make our specialty dining reservations?  What is the cost, please?   Is this dinner held more than one time on a cruise?

We will be sailing on the Vista 15-day Montreal to Miami cruise in September-October of 2023.

Many thanks.

Usually you can sign up as soon as they show up in your cruise account 

But who knows what  the price might be in 2 yrs

Check in your account  under the dining tab

Perfect Pairings is a wine pairing class.  It is $139 because it is two parts, a morning and an afternoon.  It seems to book up early.  I rarely thus far have booked a cruise more than 6 months out and it always is full.  I think the Culinary Classes open for booking 1 year ahead, like the excursions do (I think, again I am not an advance booker…)