YC Interior (Seashore) with Free Balcony Upgrade promo??

jules815

I booked another cruise last week while we were on board Meraviglia. My daughter was already booked as a solo cruiser on Seashore in the YC for end of April 2022. I found out about a promotion (no supplement for solo) and decided to book a room for myself and join her. I finally received my booking email today, and noticed the promo is "Free Balcony Upgrade." Not that I wouldn't love to be upgraded into a YC balcony, but I doubt that's what the promo means. I'm not at any risk of being moved to a balcony cabin outside of the YC, am I? 

1 hour ago, jules815 said:

I booked another cruise last week while we were on board Meraviglia. My daughter was already booked as a solo cruiser on Seashore in the YC for end of April 2022. I found out about a promotion (no supplement for solo) and decided to book a room for myself and join her. I finally received my booking email today, and noticed the promo is "Free Balcony Upgrade." Not that I wouldn't love to be upgraded into a YC balcony, but I doubt that's what the promo means. I'm not at any risk of being moved to a balcony cabin outside of the YC, am I? 

You are correct...it isn't what it means 🙂 It is for a normal (i.e., non-YC) balcony.

You won't be moved out of the YC either.

• Like 1

Its not much of a "free" upgrade either.

Priced a cruise out before the deal went in place and after, interior was much cheaper before the "free" upgrade went in. Balcony is now the same price as it was and an interior is the same price as a balcony.

Its very much like NCL and there book now and get drinks, internet and specialty dining for free, its not free and much cheaper to book without that deal.

Edited by robc1972

1 hour ago, robc1972 said:

Its not much of a "free" upgrade either.

Priced a cruise out before the deal went in place and after, interior was much cheaper before the "free" upgrade went in. Balcony is now the same price as it was and an interior is the same price as a balcony.

Its very much like NCL and there book now and get drinks, internet and specialty dining for free, its not free and much cheaper to book without that deal.

I do know a month or so ago it was an amazing deal.

I haven't priced them recently, so that might have changed.

Regardless, for the OP, there are no worries.